Page 159 of 201 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2005

Thread: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread (2016-2020)

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Frey Fever : The Glenn Frey Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Me either, but those eyes!
    Agree !

It seems that he wears contact lenses. His eyes weren't so blue.

Stuck on the Border

TE - I have seen pictures where his blue eyes jump out at you. I think it depends on the lighting when the picture was taken. As far as I know, he never wore contacts lenses.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

This picture is stunning with those baby blues. I agree with shun about the 'Let's Get Harry' look - definitely a throw back to the mid-70's with shorter hair.

As far as Glenn's eye color, I agree with NKIT that lighting can make a huge difference. However, I have seen at least one picture (I can't recall where) with Glenn wearing glasses, so I guess it is definitely possible that he is wearing contact lenses here. IIRC, the picture with glasses was probably taken when he was in his late 50's or early 60's. So, if he had to wear corrective lenses, it's hard to say when he first needed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post

Mr. Blue Eyes, anyone?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    This picture is stunning with those baby blues. I agree with shun about the 'Let's Get Harry' look - definitely a throw back to the mid-70's with shorter hair.

As far as Glenn's eye color, I agree with NKIT that lighting can make a huge difference. However, I have seen at least one picture (I can't recall where) with Glenn wearing glasses, so I guess it is definitely possible that he is wearing contact lenses here. IIRC, the picture with glasses was probably taken when he was in his late 50's or early 60's. So, if he had to wear corrective lenses, it's hard to say when he first needed them.
    Glenn wore glasses?? Can someone post the picture, I haven't seen that.

I agree, I think it's the lighting, in some pictures his eyes look bluer than in others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    He could easily have not needed glasses until he was in his fifties. My husband never needed glasses until he hit his fifties. (Then I had to hear him grumble about wearing them. One day I finally told him to stop; I've been wearing glasses since I was twelve.)
    Last edited by CAinOH; 01-29-2019 at 09:09 PM.

And why don't you post the picture in the thread? I'm not really interested in seeing Glenn Frey with glasses but I think that it isn't something to be ashamed of; in fact I've been wearing glasses since I was fifteen but I've been using contact lenses for a long, long time...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I've never see it and would love to also! Please post it, if only for a couple days!

I never wore glasses till I was 50 or so and then it took me 10 years to make myself wear them. They are a pain! Tried contacts, but couldn't take them either.

My husband has worn glasses since he was 15.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I thought I saved the photo that I remember seeing, but I can't find it. It may have come off of one of the family member's social media sites, which is why we don't normally post them on the board.

And, BTW, I've been wearing glasses since I was 6 years old so I can't remember much about life without them. I tried contacts several times, but I have severe astigmatisms in both eyes so they work for me.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I remember seeing a photo of Glenn wearing glasses. He was in his late 50's or early 60's. I think I saw it here but not sure. I have needed glasses since I was six. I started wearing contacts when I was a senior in HS. Switched back to glasses a few years ago as I have dry eyes which makes wearing the contacts painful. It was hard to give up the contact after wearing them for so many years.