Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don Felder's look then and now

Default Don Felder's look then and now

Don Felder looks fantastic at his age. That said everytime I see him I cant help and think of the contrast of "WHAT" he looks like then and now. In the 70's with the long hair, dark circles under the eyes, mustache/beard....Felder looked like a dope smoking rock and roller. But ever since the Hell Freezes Over tour and more each year...while he looks GREAT....he looks like a late night infomercial salesmen or your local real estate agent. Nothing wrong with either...but every time I see him I think this lol.

I guess some rock and rollers decide to maintain the look (long hair etc) and others go "clean" to the point that it looks like you are selling Time Shares on late night TV.

Default Re: Don Felder's look then and now

Same here. I think it's obvious he's had some dental and plastic work done. Nothing wrong with that at all, but it's true. If I was in his position I'd do it too.

Stuck on the Border

And when did he start smiling all the time? I'm not sure if that smile is always genuine, because when he's talking to an interviewer his smile often lasts half a second and then it's gone.

But Glenn changed a lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    And when did he start smiling all the time? I'm not sure if that smile is always genuine, because when he's talking to an interviewer his smile often lasts half a second and then it's gone.

But Glenn changed a lot too.
    Yes to both.

Stuck on the Border

Thinking about Don Felder's style of dress, on stage and for promotional activities, there has been quite a change over the years. In the 80s and during HFO, he wore regular clothes that looked like they were bought off-the-shelf - jeans, t-shirts, plaid shirts. However, these days he's quite a sharp dresser. It's a simple formula of "jeans", shirt and waistcoat in mono-chrome (black, white, grey) but it looks custom-made and often has a touch of flash - rhinestones or leather trim. One thing remains constant and that's his liking for boots with a large heel.

Border Desperado

Felder was always flashing that smile on stage to Joe, Glenn, girls in front, etc. he always looked so happy. I don't think it's anything new.

Banned

As much as they all go on about being musicians, they're in show business. It's probably worth the deductables they spend to look good.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that more column inches are taken up by how they look than how they sound.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Felder has definitely curated a wardrobe for himself that is more rock 'n roll than that of the other guys. He wears black leather jackets, a wallet chain, a fashion scarf, and big rings. I think he pulls it off. He looks great.

Don is a very sharp dresser today. Maybe he had to wear those plain shirts when he was in the Eagles. Now that he's not in the band anymore, he started to find his wardrobe that was suitable to the stage and personality. Kinda like Joe. He finally found the wardrobe that was him. Designs and picture on his t-shirt, leather like jeans and mostly black clothes.

As for his look. I don't know if he had something done or not, he looks great. I did notice he got rid of a mole he had on the left side of his nose. If you notice he had it until the Eagles got back together in the 90s. It was gone.

If you look at the pictures from the 60s, Don kinda looks like that today without the beard. When he grew the beard, his face did kinda look different.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I think Don looks great today. Actually, I think he's more attractive now than he was in the 70's. And I love his concert clothes too.

I don't care if they've had work done. Any of them. If they want to and can afford it, why not! I would!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten