Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don Felder's look then and now

Default Re: Don Felder's look then and now

Is it just me or does it feel wiredmseeing Joe without Long hair? I know he was almost bald because of his Alcholisom and Thank God for Hell Feeezes Over because of it never happend I don't think Joe would be here today. Alcholisim is a disease I mean look at Allen Collins of Lynyrd Skynyrd after the 77 plane crash and the death of his wife and unborn child he dove into the bottle and never came out Eventually he was Paralyzed from the waist down as a result of an86 Car Wreck in which he and a friend were drunk. He died in 90 at only 37 but he seemed so much older then that. I do firmly belive if hey reunited earlie then 87 Allen would still be here today

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Is it just me or does it feel wiredmseeing Joe without Long hair? I know he was almost bald because of his Alcholisom and Thank God for Hell Feeezes Over because of it never happend I don't think Joe would be here today. Alcholisim is a disease I mean look at Allen Collins of Lynyrd Skynyrd after the 77 plane crash and the death of his wife and unborn child he dove into the bottle and never came out Eventually he was Paralyzed from the waist down as a result of an86 Car Wreck in which he and a friend were drunk. He died in 90 at only 37 but he seemed so much older then that. I do firmly belive if hey reunited earlie then 87 Allen would still be here today
    What do you mean by that? In every picture I've ever seen he's had all of his hair.

There was one picture of Joe in HOTE Part 2 when he was it was his addiction years. It was Glenn saying how worried they were and he was almost bald.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I've never seen a pic of Joe almost bald? Can you find it for us?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I will try. I think it was Joe. Alcoholism makes your hair fall out because of all the chemicals poising your body. My dads uncle who has the exact same name as him died of it before I was born and my dad told all the stories about it. I assume that's why Joe had very short hair in the 90s after rehab.

Wow a Felder thread turned into the Eagles fashion thread it should probably be moved.

Stuck on the Border

True. A "Joe's hair" thread. Hair threads are popular on any KISS forum. IMO the shape of Joe's hairline makes it look like he's receding when you see it from certain angles. I thought his hairline was receding until I noticed that it has always looked like that.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

A receding hairline is not the same as going bald. He may be eventually, but sure doesn't look bald to me now.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I remember his hair looking very flat and greasy in one f the photos but I assumed that it was just unwashed.

Getting back to Felder, he seems to have been able to recover from the bald spot he described in his book.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    A receding hairline is not the same as going bald. He may be eventually, but sure doesn't look bald to me now.
    It was during his pre rehab phase.