So I was rereading Felder's book and found some deja vu moments.

1. Don's childhood was the roughest out of the rest of the Eagles. He was forced to compete with his brother who he initially got along with but as they got older his Father made it clear his brother was the favorite child as he was better in School, with Girls etc. But Felder on the other hand was a poor student who was stricken with polio and was viewed as a disappointment to his father. So when Gerry Felder went off to college and got married Don completely fell out of favor with his father and ran away from home not speaking to his father for 6 years.

1. When Don first joined the Eagles he got along fine with everyone including Glenn who was the one that made him a partner in Eagles LTD. But when they got even more famous Glenn and Don started writing more and more and earned the most money because of it and Felder started resenting that and in 1994 wanted things to be the same as the were when he first joined the band as he did not want to be inferior to Glenn and Henley and as a result was fired. He is still estranged from the rest of the Eagles.

Anyone see the connection? I think part of the reason Felder wanted to know how much money everyone was making stems from that competitive streak from his childhood with his brother. I think the other Eagles did not understand this because from what we know Glenn and Henley also grew up poor but always had a loving family that encouraged the musical ambitions.