Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone noticed this?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Anyone noticed this?

How did Irving 'benefit himself' with all the tension? The Eagles were able to continue once Felder was fired, which I supposed benefited Irving, but surely it also benefited the Eagles as a band? They got rid of the troublemaker & they were happier as a result.

What are these ulterior motives you speak of?

I fail to see how you can compare the G&R situation, delaying the release of an album, with firing a band member who was causing trouble. I don't believe Frey & Henley were 'pressured' by Irving. They had to work with Felder & they were tired of his incessant demands.

I do belive Glenn and Henley were tired of Felder and his "letters". I do believe if Felder went STRAIGHT to Glenn and Don instead asking Irving to do it they could have sorted it out. I think one of the key moments is when Irving told him to "NEVER TALK TO THE GUYS"

FP as for his motives one word "MONEY"

Here are a few quotes

"Azoff's control of the "trifecta" of artist management, concert and touring promotion, and ticket sales, Azoff has been able to gain wide influence and power in the music industry. Azoff allegedly decides what artists he wants to promote through favorable touring deals and uses his power to punish artists and harm their careers if they don't follow his orders".

Axl's counter-complaint says that Azoff is violating the consent decree by coercing and bullying artists to do what he wants.

What Azoff wanted, the rocker says, was the reunion of Guns N' Roses. To execute this, he would sabotage Rose and his new band so that Rose would have no option but to reunite.

According to the filing, "Upon realizing that he couldn't bully Rose and accomplish his scheme, Azoff resigned and abandoned Guns N' Roses on the eve of a major tour, filing suit for commissions he didn't earn and had no right to receive."

Further, Axl says the botched tour cost him money in production startup and rehearsal expenses. Claiming breach of fiduciary duty, constructive fraud and breach of contract, the singer wants at least $5 million in damages.

Stuck on the Border

I repeat that I don't believe it would have helped Felder to talk to Frey or Henley instead of Irving. They were fed up with him. They made that clear. Blaming it all on Irving seems to me to miss the entire point.

I can't comment on Irving's role with G&R but they are two different scenarios & I think it's best to keep them separate.

When Felder was fired maybe Glenn thought it was good for EVERYONE if he was no longer in the band. When Glenn said "Reach Some Higher Ground On This" what I read was like "Hey look on the bright side you don't have to be among the tension or obligated to any lawyers tours etc. You can do your own thing and release when ever you feel like and still have a steady lifestyle with income earned of the Eagles and you can make music how you want and with whoever you want." I think that is what Glenn said but Felder obviously went the wrong way and sued them burning all seven bridges. Obviously Glenn and Don could have not went the Pete Best way "Telling the band manager to let a guy know we don't want him working with us anymore." Ihmo it was a cowardly move. It could have been handled alot better then it was.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    When Felder was fired maybe Glenn thought it was good for EVERYONE if he was no longer in the band. When Glenn said "Reach Some Higher Ground On This" what I read was like "Hey look on the bright side you don't have to be among the tension or obligated to any lawyers tours etc. You can do your own thing and release when ever you feel like and still have a steady lifestyle with income earned of the Eagles and you can make music how you want and with whoever you want." I think that is what Glenn said but Felder obviously went the wrong way and sued them burning all seven bridges. Obviously Glenn and Don could have not went the Pete Best way "Telling the band manager to let a guy know we don't want him working with us anymore." Ihmo it was a cowardly move. It could have been handled alot better then it was.

How do you think it should have been handled, then?

It was a long time ago & I wonder why people are still so angry about it when nothing can be changed.

I do realise that the issue will be discussed forever. I supported what occurred, so I suppose I had no problem with the way it was done.

Like I said they went with the Pete Best Route which was a cowardly move by Don Glenn and Irving and i think that is why Felder was so piss off he could not get in contact. If I was Glenn or Don I would have called Felder for a meeting and explain why he is being fired and tell him look on the bright side like a said before. If they did that maybe Felder would have not sued the band. It was very poorly handled. I am not saying he should not have been fired I think he should have but giving the duty to Irving(who would not let Felder talk to them.) was a very cowardly move and should have called a meeting and told them why he was being let go.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

tm2 - I thought the original purpose of this thread was to discuss Felder's childhood. As far as the circumstances surrounding his dismissal from the band, it has been rehashed ad nauseam in the Felder book thread. I usually do not even participate in these discussion anymore, however, I do think you are misrepresenting the situation. It's not like Felder wasn't communicating with Glenn and Don at all. When a decision is made to fire someone, it usually means that it's too late to resolve the conflicts, so a meeting would have been pointless. When Felder learned of his dismissal, the first thing he did was call Don. When he couldn't reach Don, he called Glenn and Glenn took the call. By Felder's own account, he begged for his job back. But, as I noted, it was too late by then. If you are interested in more details, you should read up on the discussions in that thread and compare it to his book.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    tm2 - I thought the original purpose of this thread was to discuss Felder's childhood. As far as the circumstances surrounding his dismissal from the band, it has been rehashed ad nauseam in the Felder book thread. I usually do not even participate in these discussion anymore, however, I do think you are misrepresenting the situation. It's not like Felder wasn't communicating with Glenn and Don at all. When a decision is made to fire someone, it usually means that it's too late to resolve the conflicts, so a meeting would have been pointless. When Felder learned of his dismissal, the first thing he did was call Don. When he couldn't reach Don, he called Glenn and Glenn took the call. By Felder's own account, he begged for his job back. But, as I noted, it was too late by then. If you are interested in more details, you should read up on the discussions in that thread and compare it to his book.
    Yes, these posts need to be in Felder's book discussion and I second 'ad nauseam'!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I think the entire thread could be merged with the book thread as what we know of Felder's childhood and relationship with his father comes from that.

As far as the "ad nauseum" comments, I think people who have joined the board recently should be allowed to post their views, even if it has been discussed by others before but it's also reasonable to point them at the 113 pages of discussion that have gone before.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Just to clarify - I didn't mean by my comments that folks aren't allowed to post their views. Nor did I intend to single anyone out - I was just trying to encourage all of our members to help to keep threads on topic by posting in the appropriate threads, but I guess I didn't do a very good job of explaining that. Now, with regard to my 'ad nauseam' reference, I afraid I have to stand by that. Speaking strictly for myself, after almost 16 years of going around in circles about the same topic, I'm personally pretty tired of discussing the circumstances of Felder's dismissal. If there were to be any new information that came out, I'm sure that would pique my interest. However, barring that, I'll continue to opt out of these discussions unless I feel the facts are being misstated or misrepresented.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016