Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Don Henley in Stockholm, Sweden - June 20, 2016

Default Re: Don Henley in Stockholm, Sweden - June 20, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    It didn't come up, L101. It said the page is either restricted or not doesn't exist.

Does anybody else have this problem or is it just me?
    I've changed the settings on the video - I hope it works for you
    http://dai.ly/x4hm6ea
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Thanks, L101. I can see it now.

Wow!! It was a great. He sounded good. He didn't need the orchestra. LOL But Don should know that Will or Michael can make the orchestra sound on the keyboard. LOL

I've heard that Don has played this song in his solo show before, but for me. This is the first time I've heard this song in any show since the HFO special.

Thanks, L101.

Great photos! Don's looking well.

I'm glad he added "The Last Resort" - it's something a bit different. I hope it lasts the whole tour.

I, too, am disappointed that he didn't mention Glenn at all, but I'm sure he has his reasons. It doesn't diminish the bond they shared. I just know that at the Joe concert, the Glenn dedication was an emotional moment when all the fans could, collectively, remember Glenn together. It was lovely; all of us, united in recognizing the depth of his importance and how much we missed him. It's too bad Eagles fans going to Don's shows won't get to experience that.

Again, though, it sounds like a great show! I'm looking forward to New Year's Eve!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

To tell the truth. I really didn't expect Don to pay tribute to Glenn or say something. SO I really wasn't surprised. He just don't seem like that kind of person who would that. Maybe he is. I don't know.

Joe really hasn't opened up yet. Even though he's paying tribute to Glenn in show, he still can't talk about him. Luckily singing Take It To the Limit is baby steps for Joe.

Whenever that time comes when Don do say something or dedicated a song, he will do it. But right now, I don't think Don is going to do any of those things right now. He needs to heal. I just hate Don is getting the "he needs to say something about Glenn" thing. I'm sorry, but its getting old. Whenever he feels like saying something, he will. Let the man heal.

But anyway. I don't want to get into why Don is not saying anything about Glenn fight. I'm glad he's out and about. And thank you L101 for posting that video. I really enjoyed it.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-22-2016 at 07:35 PM.

Stuck on the Border

To tell the truth. I really didn't expect Don to pay tribute to Glenn or say something. SO I really wasn't surprised. He just don't seem like that kind of person who would that. Maybe he is. I don't know.

Joe really hasn't opened up yet. Even though he's paying tribute to Glenn in show, he still can't talk about him. Luckily singing Take It To the Limit is baby steps for Joe.

Whenever that time comes when Don do say something or dedicated a song, he will do it. But right now, I don't think Don is going to any of those things right now. He needs to heal. I just hate Don is getting the "he needs say something about Glenn" thing. I'm sorry, but its getting old. Whenever he feels like saying something, he will. Let the man heal.

But anyway. I don't want to get into why Don is not saying anything about Glenn fight. I'm glad he's out and about. And thank you L101 for posting that video. I really enjoyed it.
    It has only been five months.

I'm not going to debate this further either, but I thought perhaps it was a reasonable assumption that some sort of mention would be made, however brief.

Quote Originally Posted by L101 View Post
    I've changed the settings on the video - I hope it works for you
    http://dai.ly/x4hm6ea
    Oh my goodness, that was beautifully done. That's always been one of my favorites.
    Thank you, L101.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

I just hate Don is getting the "he needs to say something about Glenn" thing. I'm sorry, but its getting old. Whenever he feels like saying something, he will. Let the man heal.
    I wasn't trying to be hyper-critical of Don. As I said, I know he has his reasons.

As far as the discussion "getting old," I take it you are referring to discussions elsewhere, because I don't believe we've been harping upon the topic. The above post was my first statement about it and even then, I tried to be gentle in my phrasing so as not to offend. I was obviously unsuccessful, though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten