Thread: Don Henley in Manchester, England - June 27, 2016

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Don Henley in Manchester, England - June 27, 2016

I saw a periscope video on facebook and Don did bring up Glenn at tonight's show. He dedicated Desperado to Glenn. He said something liked he thanks everybody for their love and support and he says here's one for Glenn or something like that. The audio wasn't too good, but I know he said Glenn. Makes me think of Glenn dedicated Desperado to Don back in 1986.

You just want to hug all of the guys during this different time. They hurting along with us too.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 06-27-2016 at 10:21 PM.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Default Re: Don Henley in Manchester, England - June 27, 2016

Just got back home from this concert, I'm too tired to write a review now but wanted to say Don's show was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. So, so glad I went. So many great performances of great songs! The band was brilliant, all of them did such a great job. I was touched by his mention of Glenn and after he said it I tried to shout 'Glenn Frey!' although my voice was probably too weak to be audible. All of the Eagles songs got a terrific reception, including The Last Resort. I've also bought a T-shirt - I've got one of the blue ones with ''Don Henley Tour 2016' on the front and the guitar machine head on the back.

Out on the Border

Thumbs up Re: Don Henley in Manchester, England - June 27, 2016

As well as (very obviously) being grateful to Don for his music, I will now also be eternally in his debt for saving me (and a few others I expect) from spending the evening watching England's humiliation in the European Football Championship at the hands of mighty Iceland. I had a wonderful evening which is more than can be said for most English people tonight..............

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I had a feeling Don would dedicate "Desperado" to Glenn. I agree with you Shun about the hugs. Sounds like another great show and I'm so glad I'm finally going to see him in August.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

That song being Don and Glenn's very first song they wrote together, it was appropriate. That's the song that started their songwriting partnership.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for checking in. Can't wait to hear more about the show after everyone gets some rest.

And Desperado is the perfect song for Don to dedicate to Glenn. I'll throw in a big hug for him too.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016