Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Don Henley in Manchester, England - June 27, 2016

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Don Henley in Manchester, England - June 27, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Someone on Eagles Fastlane is saying the turn-out was very low, is that true? Only a few thousand in the audience and the capacity of the arena is 21,000.
    Yep, the front half was relatively well-filled but the rear of the venue was a third full at best. Glasgow had half of the top tier curtained off. Bloke sat next to me mentioned they had been trying to flog tickets left, right and centre in the days leading up to it.

As a solo act, Don Henley can't be expected to sell 20,000+ seats! I think it probably sold comparably to his other shows - it's just that he typically holds his shows in smaller venues. For instance, I saw him at a venue that holds about 2500 seats, and it was just about sold out.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I can't understand why the turnout was relatively low.
    It was a Monday evening so the casual rock fan would be less likely to attend compared to a Friday or Saturday.
    Don of course being one of the two main song writers in the Eagles (along with Glenn) surely should have attracted more fans especially now that Glenn has passed and there is now no hope of seeing the remaining Eagles live.
    Radio in the UK concentrates on the Eagles' catalog. It's a shame that Cass County has not had more AirPlay but I guess that is the situation with radio today.
    I guess that with The best will in the world, Don will not tour forever so we should see him and his contempories while we can.
    It's probably a fact that if the Eagles had been playing (if Glenn was still here) it would have sold out, but in my opinion seeing Don perform Hotel California with his own band is just as good as seeing him with the Eagles- well almost.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Yep, the front half was relatively well-filled but the rear of the venue was a third full at best. Glasgow had half of the top tier curtained off. Bloke sat next to me mentioned they had been trying to flog tickets left, right and centre in the days leading up to it.
    In Dublin I thought they would have curtained off the upper tier as usually happens with solo artists but no! The full arena was open.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP