Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dreamin’ ‘bout (a new) tomorrow

Default Re: Dreamin’ ‘bout (a new) tomorrow

a Glenn autobiography would have been great
    Happiness and good health for Glenn, a great acting gig on TV so we could see him every week

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    You will never give up on this, will you? Optimistic is one word. I can think of others. As Soda said a while back you just keep twisting that knife, apparently for your own enjoyment.

As for your other suggestions for the life of me I do not know why the surviving Eagles would even think about re-recording old songs, but even more so without Glenn.

I don't know anything about them contributing to a Fogelberg tribute album but I would have thought if they had done so it would have been as individuals. I checked his FB page & there was a post saying that it's 'still in the works'.

I believe Glenn's suggestion to do the covers album was knocked back by the others. I am just so grateful that I got to hear him sing On The Way Home, three times. The posthumous album release is something I want, but I very much doubt I will get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Silk Scarf Monkey View Post
    We all wish Glenn had stayed longer with us (in good health!), but (and now comes the dreaming part) what if he did? What would you have hoped for the Eagles to do?
    Maybe you'll read what the topic is about if I post it Freypower. It's a good topic, The Silk Scarf Monkey It's good to dream, even if you get Eagles fans constantly poor cold water all over them.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Maybe you'll read what the topic is about if I post it Freypower. It's a good topic, The Silk Scarf Monkey It's good to dream, even if you get Eagles fans constantly poor cold water all over them.
    I know what the topic is about. You are the one who keeps assuming, here & elsewhere, that they will continue as if nothing happened. If I have to explain yet again why I am pouring cold water on any continuation of the Eagles as a band, I have wasted my time.

I'm not a 'what if' person. I have no objections to others posting what they would have liked but it isn't really for me, especially now. I wanted Glenn to make more solo albums. That's all.