Here's another prominent Eagles cover which caught my eye. Apparently, British songwriter Dave Mason, formerly of the pioneering Progressive Rock band Traffic, released this one on his 1976 "Certified Live" LP. This particular album showed a change of musical direction for Mason from his earlier rocking releases("Only You Know and I Know"). Within a year of this release, he, with help from songwriting partner Jim Krueger(whom you can hear on backup vocals), had his biggest ever hit with Soft Rock favourite "We Just Disagree."

Here's a link to Mason's version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBB196qboHk

The same live LP that features this song also features covers of such songs as "All Along the Watch Tower"(Mason played acoustic 12-string guitar on Jimi Hendrix's version) and "Gimme Some Lovin'."(Traffic bandmate Steve Winwood sang lead on the Spencer Davis Group original) Mason later became a more distant member of the Eagles family in joining with the band Fleetwood Mac for the 1995 album "Time."

I vastly prefer the Eagles' original version of "Take it To the Limit," but I do like where Mason takes the song with the acoustic and vocal arrangements. What say all of you?