Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don Henley in Cork 29/06/2016

Default Re: Don Henley in Cork 29/06/2016

I'm hoping I don't have to deal with JD & The Straight Shots in Memphis. I don't think he's going to be the opening act for that show. ON Ticketmaster, they have the show where he's going to be there. So I'm crossing my fingers.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    If Don thinks he sucks then WHY does he have HIM open for him and the Eagles so much? I agree with Don, but jeez give some of the GOOD talent a chance open for you than just pleasing a millionaire for whatever favors. I HATE James Dolan lol.
    I paraphrased Don's quote about David Geffen not been able to 'carry a tune in an armoured car' and used it to express MY opinion on JD. Don has never commented on JD but I take your point. He deserves a support act of much better quality.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Loved your review too DD and I'm so excited to see him in next month!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Wonderful review, DD. Your love for Don just shines through in only a way that it can from a devoted fan. I'm so glad everyone loved the show. And I'm sure PDW will be rearing it's ugly head for some of you within the coming days.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Troubadour

PDW kicked in Sunday night :'(
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I bet. It even kicked in a bit for me!! But OMG THREE fantastic shows in one week. Superamazing!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

DD, awesome review! I'm so glad Don was in top form and gave you a wonderful evening to always remember!

Have to say I agree with Austin about JD. Really, he could have some up and coming band/musician open rather than a rich guy that doesn't need it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well DD has done a very comprehensive review of the Cork show so theres no need for me to go back over it again, suffice to give just a few personal points.

Firstly it was very much on the spur of the moment, and the backfoot from the Glasgow show that I decided to go - I called Desperada on the Monday as she HAD suggested previously that we go and she was more than willing to be my partner in crime!! We had standing tickets and I really wasn't thinking we would be near the front as we only left Dublin at lunchtime, but when we got to Cork and parked the car we were one of the first in line!! We hooked up with DD and L101 shortly after arriving, and I must say both, but particularly DD were lke kids at Christmas waiting for Santa!! A small bonus, Desperada and I were interviewed briefly on Corks local radio who were promoting the event. Once in we GRABBED the front centre of the rail!!

By the time JD was finished DD was actually pinching herself to make sure that this was real. In so many ways she reminded me of myself that night in Niagara Falls 5 years ago when I was waiting to see my first ever Glenn solo show. I was so pleased and so excited for her.

Anyway I have to say, Don was magnificent. He was funny, exuberent, talkative, gracious, and obviously an amazing singer. I really think this was the best of the 3 shows I was at. The audience took to him from the start and he responded likewise to them. As DD said, he snag Shangri-La which he hadn't sung in Glasgow too.

Towards the end of the show, after HC Don thanked the audience. He said it had been a difficult few months for the band and thanked the fans for the loyalty and support. He said that they had received messages of sympathy from Ireland. Then he said 'This is for Glenn' and started singing Desperado. That comment made my night. I wanted to hear it. You could hear the pure emotion in his voice as he said it.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Thanks for giving your thoughts, GA. I'm so glad you decided to go!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ga, thanks for your comments too! Sounds like a wonderful time for all of you girls! Don's mention of Glenn seemed very heartfelt too. Glad you decided to go.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten