Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eagles Obscurity

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles Obscurity

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I think the Eagles have already outlasted The Scissor Sisters although I think they're in hibernation rather than split.

The UK Top 60 was albums rather than acts. I was surprised that no Eagles albums made the top 60, I'd be even more surprised if the Eagles weren't a top 60 act.

If the remaining Eagles struggle to sell-out live venues and they miss playing to the huge audiences they've been playing since 1994, surely they are going to reunite for some Eagles shows.
    They cannot reunite as the 'Eagles' without Glenn Frey.

Those days are over. They are far better off concentrating on their solo careers. They are never going to have audiences like that ever again & I am sure they know that & accept it.

While I'm hesitant to say "never", everything they've said and done since Glenn's death supports Freypower's statement that they understand and accept that they cannot continue as the Eagles without Glenn. Don said twenty years ago that he wouldn't do the Eagles without Glenn. That would hardly change now that he's gone.

It's not about money. They know quite well that even at the peaks of their solo careers, they didn't sell as many tickets as the Eagles did 40 years after their biggest hits were on the charts. They aren't such fools that they would expect those kind of crowds to suddenly materialize now. Joe didn't do a double act with Bad Company just because he wanted to hang out with them. Don's upcoming leg in the States has been booked in smaller venues for a reason.

Plus, they are hardly desperate for money at this point in their lives. I don't have to know their net worth to the dollar to see that these guys are more than comfortable financially, to put it mildly!

I very much doubt they share Funk 50's concern that they will fade into obscurity more quickly if they don't spend the rest of their lives touring and/or releasing additional material under the Eagles mantle without Glenn.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I totally agree with your post, Soda.

However, as far as the comments that the Eagles no longer exist - I have some discomfort around that. The Eagles still do and always will continue to exist as an entity. Their music lives on and will for many years, IMO. They may even release more DVDs, CDs, Broadway shows or other media.

However, although they could change their minds with the passage of time, I can't see them ever functioning again as a recording or touring band without Glenn. It's not impossible, but I think it is highly doubtful given their past history and ages. It's also possible that they could decide to play some special events together. As has been stated many times, even by the band members themselves, Glenn was the 'man with the plan', the 'spark plug', and the one that made things happen for the band.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I agree with Soda and Dreamer too. I think of the Eagles now exactly like the Beatles and how they do still exist as an entity or legacy band. There are Beatles/solo Beatles things coming out yearly and I know of a lot of things that are in the works for the next year for Beatles fans such as some movies, books, even toys. The Beatles never existed in my lifetime but their fanbase is so massive and they still keep getting fans younger and younger as they discover them. I've heard that being a Beatles fan is like being a historian of any subject and collecting things is a part of it. As long as there are fans there's still interest there whether it's movies/documentaries, books, album collections, etc and the remaining members performing solo.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I agree with Soda and Dreamer too. I think of the Eagles now exactly like the Beatles and how they do still exist as an entity or legacy band. There are Beatles/solo Beatles things coming out yearly and I know of a lot of things that are in the works for the next year for Beatles fans such as some movies, books, even toys. The Beatles never existed in my lifetime but their fanbase is so massive and they still keep getting fans younger and younger as they discover them. I've heard that being a Beatles fan is like being a historian of any subject and collecting things is a part of it. As long as there are fans there's still interest there whether it's movies/documentaries, books, album collections, etc and the remaining members performing solo.
    Yes, that's true & so are Soda's & Dreamer's posts.

I saw Joe in October of last year at the Mohegan Sun Aerenea which is a pretty average size aernea for concerts. Place was sold out and had alot of Middle Age people but alot of Young people 15-39 age too and he recived a standing ovation