Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Self-Titled LP Survivor

Default Eagles Self-Titled LP Survivor

Time for the Eagles LP Song Survivor! If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview

I'm going to list the songs on the self-titled Eagles LP here. Vote for the song that you want to be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for the song you want to GO, not the song you want to keep.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 pm Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

While these games can get heated, remember it's all in good fun. You can debate the merits of a song, but don't badger people who don't vote the same way you do. The administrator and moderators reserve the right to take action if they determine that someone is behaving disruptively, nastily, or otherwise inappropriately.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The exception is the last round. If the tie-breaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stands.

Note: In order to avoid voter fraud and trolling, we require that you must be "a member in good standing" as defined by the Terms of Service for at least two weeks before the start of the game in order to cast a vote.

GAME OVER!

The winner is:

Take It Easy

Songs Eliminated:

Earlybird 7/08
    Tryin' 7/10
    Chug All Night 7/12
    Nightingale 7/14
    Most of Us Are Sad 7/16
    Take the Devil 7/18
    Train Leaves Here This Morning 7/20
    Witchy Woman 7/22
    Peaceful Easy Feeling 7/24

Thanks for playing and hope everyone enjoyed the game.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Re: Eagles Self-Titled LP Survivor

Their first album is uneven, but it has several classics and there's nothing on here that's absolutely awful. It's a good start.

As for my first vote...

I cast my vote for Tryin'.

It's catchy in places, but the lyrics seem to be pretty much a collection of trite platitudes. The weakest song on the album, IMHO.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I hesitated. Tryin' or Earlybird? I will go with Tryin' as it isn't very interesting musically.

Out on the Border

Thumbs down Re: Eagles Self-Titled LP Survivor

Definitely the one to go is Chug All Night. I remember reading somewhere that even Glenn didn't like it, saying he recommended not to listen to it!

Quote Originally Posted by mimi g View Post
    Definitely the one to go is Chug All Night. I remember reading somewhere that even Glenn didn't like it, saying he recommended not to listen to it!
    ditto

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

"Nightingale," and it's no contest.

One of only two irredeemable awful cuts from the greatest American band.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

I vote Take The Devil. I just don't care for it.

I will go for Nightingale

Border Rebel

I'll go with "Earlybird" and it's not because I don't like it as I really enjoy everything on this album. It's just the easiest one for me to skip over.

Guys I LOVE Nightingale.

It puts the middle finger up at the media for being a murder movie, which I agree with. They promote copycats and they went all the drama. I agree with Henley on his hatred for the media like as heard on Dirty Laundry. Jackson did a good job with this one and I am really loving it.

I LOVE this line:

"I'll tell you what would be some story
    And what would set me free
    Is if the same thing happened to everybody
    That just happened to me"

Because I feel like no one understands what my life is like and I feel like sharing the "love".

Regardless, great song and I will be voting in the next post.