Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Self-Titled LP Survivor

Default Re: Eagles Self-Titled LP Survivor

I'm joining the coalition to SAVE CHUG ALL NIGHT.

I cast my vote for NIGHTINGALE!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Sorry LGG, I'm pretty sure new members can't vote yet. Soda or IABAD will clarify if I'm wrong or give you the details.
    That's ok, I will watch and vote in my heart. 😜

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Third time to vote for Chug All Night.

Border Troubadour

Chug all night
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

While I do like Chug All Night as it is a rocker, I prefer Nightingale more - its the Eagles when they were young and enthusiastic!!
    So I vote for Chug All Night
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I will also vote off Nightingale as I really like Chug and I dont want to see it go just yet
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm joining the coalition to SAVE CHUG ALL NIGHT.

I cast my vote for NIGHTINGALE!
    Seconded! It's Nightingale for me too this round.

Chug All Night almost always seems to get bashed outside this forum but it rocks! I love the guitars and Glenn's vocal (I said yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!). Randy makes some good vocal contributions too on the verses (although I'm not sure whether this counts as a co-lead). Also, I have to say I don't think it is as bad lyrically as is always made out - I think the rhyming of 'chug' with 'hug' is really the only 'bad' lyric. I actually think some of the imagery in the verses is pretty vivid, and actually quite dark in places. It isn't a 'deep' song, but it is great fun.

Dreamer: regarding Take The Devil, I think it's not so much one thing about this song that makes me love it but rather how it all comes together. Randy's vocal is strong and powerful, especially on the final lines (his vocal when he sustains 'mind' is exceptional). The somewhat dark music is extremely powerful as it creates the sense of the narrator being alone in the desert, which matches the lyrics about temptation perfectly. The lyrics are slightly reminiscent of the Bible passages describing Satan's attempts to lead Christ to temptation during his 40 days in the desert and I find them inspiring. I really like Randy's bass playing and Don's drums on this song, but musically it is Glenn's guitar work that I think makes this song. I love his rhythm parts and the first solo a lot but the second solo is even better. I absolutely love it when it starts to build up to the crescendo. Overall this song is probably either my third or fourth favourite on my list of songs from this album and my favourite non-hit, so I really dig it a lot!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by L101 View Post
    While I do like Chug All Night as it is a rocker, I prefer Nightingale more - its the Eagles when they were young and enthusiastic!!
    So I vote for Chug All Night

So is Chug All Night.

I agree with JCL about Take The Devil. The moody music isn't dissimilar from the other 'native American' style song, Witchy Woman, and the lyrics foreshaow themes they were to use over & over again. I think the key is perhaps too low for Randy who seems to have trouble getting down to the lower notes - but I like it a lot.

Border Desperado

In my heart, I would vote again for Take the Devil, but I like Nightingale so much more than Chug All Night. I will therefore join the coalition to save Nightingale and vote for Chug All Night this round.

I vote for 'Chug all night'.