Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from the Hotel California, where you can check in but you can never leave

Default Greetings from the Hotel California, where you can check in but you can never leave

Tales Of Quarantine

I'm going to go ahead and presume that many of us are stuck at home for now, so I'd love to hear about any cute episodes or funny stories of home life from my friends here on The Border, if you care to share!

Here, I'm just amazed that the Hubs actually kind of knew all along where dinner comes from and has volunteered to go to the grocery for us, to spare me the exposure risk! The results can be puzzling, but I'm too grateful to really question much! 😄

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Default Re: Greetings from the Hotel California, where you can check in but you can never lea

Haha great idea for a thread, LT.

For me, my day to day isn't too different as far as social stuff. I don't necessarily miss going out with friends because I never really did that anyway! I'm not a social bird, so I don't necessarily feel too stir crazy. What I DO miss is eating out multiple times a week and going to restaurants or even ordering takeout. Most places around me are doing curbside service but with compromised health I just cannot take that risk. But I am getting a little tired of frozen pizza vs going out to my favorite pizza joint. Sorry Red Baron, but you are no match for Monical's, lol. I will miss the jams with local friends and gigs this year with my band. I will miss having Ausfest. Unless the current "climate" changes dramatically between now and September, I won't be having it this year. Those are really the only social things I do. I tend to be quite the hermit!

I've been playing more guitar, hanging out with my folks, and binging on content. We subscribe to literally every streaming service known to mankind, so if there is a flick I want to see or a show I want to binge, I pretty much am in hog heaven in that regard. Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Now, Showtime, Amazon Prime Video, etc we all subscribe to. So basically we've been using our internet connection like crazy. Not to mention the music from Spotify and not to forget all of those YouTube videos I watch every night anyway. I'm sure our ISP loves us. I've been playing more guitar and I recently got a new amp, so I'm happy.

Our pets are enjoying everyone being home 24/7. We have two senior dogs and one cat, and our cat is more dog-like in that he's very dependent and loyal and super affectionate and not the typical independent "it's on my terms, man!" type of cat. He truly has dog-like qualities and he's been a lap cat all day today. He's an orange male tabby cat. Until proven otherwise, I find orange males to be the most loving cats and the most like a dog, in terms of needing you and actually enjoying your companionship, lol. I really love Copper, but he tries to lay in between me and my laptop and it makes typing or watching videos a bit tough! Our boxer is 9 and is still fairly high strung for a dog his age. He's been particularly busy. Our beagle is 15 and he sleeps all day long. I think he likes having us home, but is more interested in his couch and food!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Default Re: Greetings from the Hotel California, where you can check in but you can never lea

Love your post Austin! Glad you are being careful and looking out for yourself so well, but so sorry you are having trouble getting your delicious pizza! Funny what we end up missing most, right?
    It's great to know that you have your family and your pets to keep you company! I would love to see a pic of your sweet orange tabby cat! My white cat is loving, too -when it's his idea!- and then, enough is enough! 😸

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Love your post Austin! Glad you are being careful and looking out for yourself so well, but so sorry you are having trouble getting your delicious pizza! Funny what we end up missing most, right?
    It's great to know that you have your family and your pets to keep you company! I would love to see a pic of your sweet orange tabby cat! My white cat is loving, too -when it's his idea!- and then, enough is enough! 😸
    Haha Copper is different than any other cat we've had. He can't seemingly get enough of you at times.

He'll be 14 this year. He's still pretty spry. He's a loving cat but ornery as can be. A couple weeks ago he jumped in the saltwater fish tank as my mom was cleaning it. Needless to say, she was less than pleased.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Aww...Love Copper!!💖

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Haha Copper is different than any other cat we've had. He can't seemingly get enough of you at times.

He'll be 14 this year. He's still pretty spry. He's a loving cat but ornery as can be. A couple weeks ago he jumped in the saltwater fish tank as my mom was cleaning it. Needless to say, she was less than pleased.
    Pet dah kitteh! Copper is quite the dapper dude.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Awww, I love Copper! He's a beauty! Thanks for sharing him, Austin!

I'm planning to get a kitten or two later this spring. I miss having one.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Ha ha! Red Baron pizza, I have 2 in my freezer Walshfan88!. I've been playing more guitar as well, and dusted off an old Mel Bays book i write songs in back in the day and revisited that. Last week we had appliances delivered, I was worried that wouldn't happen, but it went smoothly. Juggling work and Trying to keep kids busy, had them write an old school fan letter to a star they like, ha ha, Also writing letters to friends, gives them something to do instead of computers/phone all the time weather has been a lil cruddy, yet yesterday was nice and went for a hike.

Hi Copper!

Thanks everyone! I told Copper everyone loved him.

KW - I've had more frozen pizza lately than ever before. I've been going through it like crazy. Still doesn't beat the real deal, though!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Thanks everyone! I told Copper everyone loved him.

KW - I've had more frozen pizza lately than ever before. I've been going through it like crazy. Still doesn't beat the real deal, though!
    Rofl We have tried various brands. Right now we prefer digiorno hand tossed, but wasn’t on sale. We go through a lot too with the kids and all. Nothing beats the pizzeria. Around here it’s Alberto’s.