Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Timothy's Upcoming Album "Leap of Faith"

Default Re: Timothy's Upcoming Album "Leap of Faith"

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I've looked at my Walmart and they don't have it yet. Must check other places, I guess. I thought I'd just download, but some say the sound isn't as good. What to do! I have nowhere to play a cd other than my computer!
    Brooke, have you considered uploading the CD (once you've got one!) to your computer and then downloading to a jump drive (or flash drive) to plug into your car? (Your new car probably has multiple USB ports.) I do that and then I just leave the jump drive plugged in, moving from Eagles file to TBS file to Poco file, etc., on the tech screen.

I've always uploaded music to my computer and stored it on the auxiliary. That way you can always have a back-up with the CD sound. (I know a lot of people are just using the cloud for back-up these days.) Anyway, just an idea. Good luck!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Brooke, have you considered uploading the CD (once you've got one!) to your computer and then downloading to a jump drive (or flash drive) to plug into your car? (Your new car probably has multiple USB ports.) I do that and then I just leave the jump drive plugged in, moving from Eagles file to TBS file to Poco file, etc., on the tech screen.

I've always uploaded music to my computer and stored it on the auxiliary. That way you can always have a back-up with the CD sound. (I know a lot of people are just using the cloud for back-up these days.) Anyway, just an idea. Good luck!
    I do that only put them on my ipod, which I use in my car. Is the sound the same as the ipod or better?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I do that only put them on my ipod, which I use in my car. Is the sound the same as the ipod or better?
    Probably not a noticeable difference.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Everyone, I've made a new thread for comments about the album, and I've moved posts discussing the songs from this thread to that thread. It's called Reviews and Comments about Leap of Faith.

The purpose of making a new thread is so that people who are new to the board don't have to go through pages of "I can't wait for the album" or "I'm having trouble ordering the album" to get to discussion of the songs.

I know it is an inconvenience and probably an annoyance to those who have become accustomed to posting about the songs in this thread to switch over. I apologize for that. However, I would ask that board members please humor me and help newbies by posting about the songs in the other thread linked above.

Thank you.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

I've finally bought it.... from a local CD shop!

HMV, the only remaining, former record shop that I see locally, had the CD. I heard that Leap Of Faith was going to be released on February 10th in the UK. There was little to nothing in the press but I chanced a trip to the local store and there it was.

They also had Glenn's After Hours which they didn't have when it was released in 2012... and they've downsized since then.

There were a few Walsh CDs too. Most suprisingly, the one that was originally a bootleg from 1991, which was also the most expensive.

I'm going to get my pocket magnifier now and study the sleeve notes. After a quick scan I've learnt that Tim plays Marxophone, Ukelele, Drums and Cigfiddle, whatever that is, on the album. Donna De Lory is the background vocalist on What I Should Do and all the brass instruments on This Waltz are played by David Ralicke.