Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

Default Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

As most of you know, January 18, 2017 will mark the one year anniversary of Glenn's death. For some time now, I've been thinking that I'd like to organize a get-together in Los Angeles on the weekend prior as both a celebration of the Eagles and a tribute to him and the band.

I haven't really cemented any plans yet, because I don't know how much interest there will be. I was thinking I would have the get-together on Saturday evening, January 14. Maybe during the day we could see some Eagles-related sights around LA and take a day trip to Joshua Tree on Sunday.

It's not something you would pay me to do or anything. The get-together isn't something you buy a ticket for. As for the sightseeing, you could do as much or as little as you like.

Is there any interest? Reply or PM me if you want to come.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

That sounds really cool and fun, Soda. I hope I can go. It would be nice to experience these places with folks who understand and have the same feelings for the band.
    Have you been to Lucy's el Adobe?

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Border Gathering in January: Celebration of the Eagles and Tribute to Glenn

I can answer that NMB - it is a yes. When Soda, Dreamer & I went in May we had lunch there. The food was not very good, but it was cool to see the many photos of the guys and other singers & actors. It was not crowded and our waitress was nice enough to allow us behind the cash register so we could see up close the Hall of Fame photo of the guys. She even took our photo with it. The back of the restaurant has an artist's entrance.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I couldn't believe the didn't have any beer on draft. I don't imagine the Artists Entrance sees much action these days.

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

I would love to go!!!! I don't know if I would actually be able to go to LA though.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I seriously doubt that I could go, unless I won the lottery, lol, but I think that it's a good idea for those who can go.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

If I had the money I would go. I haven't been to California since 2000 and I need to go back out there again.

Plus I'm trying to save to see Don in Houston that same week. So that's the other reason I can't go. I'm still hoping more dates will be posted for next year before I pay for my Houston ticket.

Its probably going to be an emotional show for Don knowing Glenn's one year anniversary of his death is only 3 days before the Houston show.

For those who are going, have fun. I know its going to be fun and emotional journey. This is a great idea, ladies.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I love this idea and so wish I could go. One day I will get out to California but got to have the money first and get over my plane phobia.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

It is a wonderful idea, Soda - LA & a tour of Eagles'- related sites is a fitting way of making the one year anniversary of Glenn's passing. I would love to go, but unfortunately I'm another one who wouldn't be able to. I hope to get to California someday though.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

This sounds like a fun idea. Put me in the 'maybe' camp, though, as I might be getting situated into a new College setting around that time. That this is prospectively on a weekend as opposed to a weekday makes it a little bit easier for me to transport in a timely way across the states.

I'll get back to you on this around November/December, when I have a clearer idea of my own personal schedule.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney