0 0%
  • Dr. Jill Stein/Unknown VP canidate

0 0%
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    My my, my concerns with Trump keep being more frequent.

His comments about the second amendment people, regardless of how he meant it (it was in the way he said it) are frightening. I think he's a loose cannon and is a scary, scary person.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/09/politi...ent/index.html
    I totally agree. Again I normally don't talk about politics but what he said yesterday was horrifying. Proves again why he shouldn't be running in the first place.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    My my, my concerns with Trump keep being more frequent.

His comments about the second amendment people, regardless of how he meant it (it was in the way he said it) are frightening. I think he's a loose cannon and is a scary, scary person.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/09/politi...ent/index.html
    When I first heard this comment last night, I wasn't sure what Trump meant by it. I'm still not sure what he was trying to say or imply.
    I seriously hope that a presidential candidate would never advocate violence against an opponent. If Trump was only referring to his supporters voting in November, he should have said that more outright. The "I don't know" at the end is what leads me to think that he wasn't talking about voting. Given his boisterous personality, that doesn't seem like how he would talk about beating Clinton. People misinterpret other people's words all the time. I'm afraid that one of his supporters might misconstrue that comment and decide to talk matters into their own hands.

On the gun control matter, I only want a few things to be done.

1. Required gun safety classes for kids in school.
    By starting with basic safety rules when they're young, this would cut down on the accidental gun deaths.

2. Require some training with the gun a person wants to purchase if he/she hasn't bought a similar gun in the past.
    Every gun handles differently. For example, the recoil from each type and style of gun varies. The heavier the caliber of bullet, the bigger the recoil. I would like for a person who's new to purchasing a type of gun ( or at least a gun in general) to have to do some shooting with it, so that they can be sure that they want it and can safely use it.

3. More intensive background checks.
    I shouldn't have to explain this point.

I'm pretty much in favor of guns because of farming and hunting. Like SRMW has said, guns are needed to kill pests around farms. Plus, they help to put fresh meat on the table in fall and winter.
    I know that it's impossible to cut down on illegal guns, but with those 3 things(or at least the first 2 things), I think it could be possible to cut down on accidental gun deaths, which are somewhat common occurrences here.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Another instance of a gun owner reportedly taking the law into his own hands with a fatal result: http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/09/us/ral...ome-911-calls/

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

RudieCantFail and AG95, I agree with you both.

WalshFan88, Trump never said anything that stirs up violence. I think people are blowing his words out of proportion just so they can nitpick him. When I heard what he said, my first thought was that he was talking about the NRA because they do a lot to protect the 2nd Amendment. I don't understand how Trump is more scary than Hillary. Hillary wants to have open borders, raise taxes, restrict 2nd Amendment rights, put coal miners out of business, and keep Obamacare. Not to mention she got people killed, put national security at risk, and lies to the American people repeatedly. In no way will America be safe or prosperous with her as president.

Dreamer, Hillary does want to raise taxes on the middle class. I watched one of her speeches on live TV and she said, "I am going to raise taxes on the middle class!" I heard her say that with my own ears. Also, I am not trying to distort people's views. I am telling the truth in what I see happening around me. I see that Hillary Clinton supports a group that has had some of its members promote violence and death to the police. That is not okay in my book.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

People can support Trump, but I just don't get it. Obviously you feel the same about Hillary but I personally think they nitpick her too much. So there's that.

Me, myself, I'm a liberal who probably is a bit on the agnostic side of things. I do pray or ask for help or send well wishes and prayers, but I don't personally believe in any one religion specifically due to reasons I wont elaborate on.

For me, I personally believe that Hillary having a "kill list", or that they (her and Bill) are any more corrupt than any other Washington politician is hogwash. Yes she messed up by going with a private self-hosted email server. I think I put most of that down to just a bad mistake that I don't think she herself would do again regardless of the outrage. The Benghazi thing was a horrible tragic event but I can't put all of that on her back or that she somehow doesn't care about America. She's been investigated, and no I don't think she was cleared because of money or "threats" or intimidation. The Hillary campaign has already said the Orlando terrorist's father was NOT invited, and I think it was a slip up on the part of her security team that vets everyone.

Obviously some will disagree, much like I disagree that having Trump as a president is in any way a "smart idea". Now Trump says Obama and Clinton "founded ISIS". I don't care what he meant, again, much like the 2nd amendment comment or any of his other off-the-wall comments, it's the fact he said them the way he did or better yet, just keep them to hisself. People make too many excuses for his spewing vile comments and I don't care for it. I feel Obama has done a good job overall, and while there are a few things that need fixing, I feel a Trump presidency would be a step backward for the USA, and I feel he would encourage violence and/or discrimination with some of his following that are just that way. And even if he personally didn't incite it, I feel they would feel less repercussions with him in office or that they just feel like they can because he's in the White House. Certainly not all of his supporters, but they exist (a few). I don't support that almost cult mentality with the chants and the crazy behavior at times and a lot of their beliefs. Just like the young kid who yelled "lock the b!#ch up". It's saddening.

We now have more and more of the GOP not supporting Trump and urging others to do the same to keep control of the house and senate. They realize Trump is a loose cannon and is losing support from more and more.

I'm watching the news now and there is a guy at a Florida Trump rally with a CONFEDERATE flag. Disgusting. I believe that black lives definitely matter, and all lives definitely matter. I have a problem with the police brutality towards black people. I also have a problem with cops being killed. Look, I like southern rock music and I have friends from the south but to me, that flag is so inflammatory that even Lynyrd Skynyrd themselves have replaced it in their shows with the American flag. I don't like bigots, and those who don't support gays or people of different races or in any way discriminate. Discrimination is discrimination no matter the reason. Just like that clerk who wouldn't help the gay couple with the marriage license. She had a public office job and she needed to leave her bigoted opinions to be said when she wasn't on the clock. I realize that is a "sticky" topic and so I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 08-11-2016 at 11:52 PM.

Stuck on the Border

I find some of the posts here a bit scary because they appear to show a different and far more dangerous world than I'm used to. Then I read a post like Austin's and I'm reminded that there are americans who are thoughtful and moderate in their views. Thanks, Austin.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I find some of the posts here a bit scary because they appear to show a different and far more dangerous world than I'm used to. Then I read a post like Austin's and I'm reminded that there are americans who are thoughtful and moderate in their views. Thanks, Austin.
    Thanks, UtW.

I'm not about to say they are the best views, but they are mine nonetheless.

At the end of the day, if we all just love a bit more, hate a bit less, and encourage one another rather than bringing everybody down or judging one another, it'd be a better place, and not just America but for the world. I personally feel Donald Trump's campaign is in another space and one I cannot support with good faith.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SoaringRockyMountainWay View Post
    MaryCalifornia, I'm a female who will be a senior in high school in the fall so I haven't gone to college yet but I've had a 4.0 GPA for the past 3 years, got a 97% in government class, and a 96% in economics and I support Donald Trump. If you didn't see his recent speech about the economy, I encourage you to look it up. Everything he proposed makes sense. He wants to cut business taxes so that businesses will come back to America and therefore create new jobs. He also wants to cut income taxes so that individuals will invest in the economy. Then he wants to renegotiate trade deals so that we don't have trade deficits. With the money saved from not having trade deficits, he will build up the military and the American infrastructure. Hillary wants to raise taxes on the dwindling middle class. This is a disincentive to be successful so people will not want to work hard and do well for themselves when they're going to be penalized for it. Instead, there is an incentive to do nothing and live off the government. With the middle class disappearing, there will be no one left to support those living on welfare and the whole system will implode. Hillary wants to raise minimum wage. She has flipped back and forth on this issue but last I heard she still wants to raise it. If she does this, businesses will no longer be able to support the same amount of employees so they will have to lay off workers. This will make the unemployment rate go up. She also wants to keep Obamacare. Obamacare has caused businesses to lay off employees because they can't support them and it has starved out the middle class. Here's a real life story about Obamacare. My grandma and grandpa's insurance went up 60% for each person because of Obamacare. My grandpa can't even get a new truck even though his current one is literally falling apart because they can't afford it. My grandpa hardly ever gets excited about anything but he is excited about and believes in Donald Trump. He knows that Trump wants to repeal Obamacare and help the middle class that is struggling. Although he is eligible, my grandpa has never voted because he has never believed in a candidate enough to take the time to vote. Because of Trump, my grandpa registered to vote.

Just remember, by not voting you are giving the presidency to Hillary Clinton.
    Of course there is the occasional young female who supports Trump. The reason I called out the demographic I did is based on local and national polls that show where the bulk of his support comes from. I'm sure there are some African-Americans and gays who support him too.

SRMW, all I can say to you as you approach voting age (if you're not 18 already) is that I'm very sorry that Trump is the candidate that you are presented with. With a normal Republican candidate, you and I could very easily have been supporting the same person. This is a horrible position for you to be put in.

You are an angel and I'm so glad you're on the board! xoxo MC

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

WalshFan88, watch this speech and then let me know if you think Hillary is a good move for America. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOlgAK5iAtI
    With the whole private server thing, I don't believe that she would not do something like that again because she still won't admit that she screwed up. She keeps lying to the people about it and contradicts what the FBI Director said. I just can't give her the benefit of the doubt anymore. Can you explain why the confederate flag is disgusting to you? Since I live out in the country I see a lot of them flying and I guess I never thought anything of it. Also, I don't agree with the gay lifestyle but that doesn't mean I discriminate against or hate gay people. I just wish that society wouldn't shove that lifestyle in my face instead of letting the gays live their way and letting me live my way. I will be showing my horse at my county fair all day every day next week so I don't know if I'll be able to get on here but I will try to see your response.

MaryCalifornia, thank you! I appreciate your support.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by SoaringRockyMountainWay View Post
    WalshFan88, watch this speech and then let me know if you think Hillary is a good move for America. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOlgAK5iAtI
    With the whole private server thing, I don't believe that she would not do something like that again because she still won't admit that she screwed up. She keeps lying to the people about it and contradicts what the FBI Director said. I just can't give her the benefit of the doubt anymore. Can you explain why the confederate flag is disgusting to you? Since I live out in the country I see a lot of them flying and I guess I never thought anything of it. Also, I don't agree with the gay lifestyle but that doesn't mean I discriminate against or hate gay people. I just wish that society wouldn't shove that lifestyle in my face instead of letting the gays live their way and letting me live my way. I will be showing my horse at my county fair all day every day next week so I don't know if I'll be able to get on here but I will try to see your response.

MaryCalifornia, thank you! I appreciate your support.
    I haven't had time to watch the speech (that'll be a separate post) but the confederate flag promotes a certain redneck southern viewpoint and most of those that fly them and post pictures of them are racist. There is still a racist bunch of people who support that flag and wave it. And it makes me mad. I believe black lives matter, and I believe it's very inflammatory in the modern era.

ETA: I need to clarify. I know the South has come a long way from it's roots. And it's not so much the flag itself (but I still don't like it), it's really the mentality the people who push it so much carry. Not all southerns, country people, or "rednecks" are racist. Not by a long shot. But most of those people KNOW that the flag is a problem and the people who post pics with it or have it on their trucks or homes, I feel are still stuck in a time that was absolutely horrible. I don't like bigots, flag or not. But the flag to me, indicates one supports how the South used to be and they are racist or at least are ok with how upsetting it is.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 08-13-2016 at 08:55 PM.