11 34.38%
  • Governor Gary Johnson/ Governor William Weld

0 0%
  • Dr. Jill Stein/Unknown VP canidate

0 0%
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Trump lost me when he made fun of a reporter with cerebral palsy because I have CP myself. Trump has only pissed me off more since then.

Clinton is the lesser of two evils, IMO. I really dislike her, but I would prefer her to Trump. Trump seems to be full of hot air and totally ignorant of how the American Government operates. He claims that he would overturn the Supreme Court's gay marriage ruling, which a president can't do.

I go for the screwed either way vote. I liked Bernie Sanders, but he won't challenge Clinton at the DNC.

I usually won't vote Republican because of personal reasons that I won't mention on a public forum.
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 07-25-2016 at 07:53 PM.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Gary Johnson should consider making his campaign slogan: "When all of your presidential candidates are dicks, America needs a Johnson. Gary Johnson 2016"

I voted for Ted Cruz in the CA primary, even though I knew he already suspended his campaign. Anyways, the only thing that's totally preventing me from being all Never Trump are the Supreme Court picks. I might just either vote for Gary Johnson or write in Clint Eastwood because he was mayor of Carmel in 1986. Voting Republican doesn't make much of a difference in CA, so I don't care that much. Donald Trump doesn't care or value the Constitution as much as he should for a Republican. He didn't mention freedom, individual liberty, or the Constitution that much or at all during the RNC. It was all about what he would do for the people instead of saying what he'd do to empower Americans as individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Trump lost me when he made fun of a reporter with cerebral palsy because I have CP myself. Trump has only pissed me off more since then.

Clinton is the lesser of two evils, IMO. I really dislike her, but I would prefer her to Trump. Trump seems to be full of hot air and totally ignorant of how the American Government operates. He claims that he would overturn the Supreme Court's gay marriage ruling, which a president can't do.

I go for the screwed either way vote. I liked Bernie Sanders, but he won't challenge Clinton at the DNC.

I usually won't vote Republican because of personal reasons that I won't mention on a public forum.
    I so agree AG95.

The mocking a guy with a disability, horrible comments towards women, racist comments, name calling, making fun of a candidate's wife, etc IMO goes farther than "hurting feelings". I think a president SHOULD be politically correct. And I think a president should not resort to such poor lame attacks. When I hear Trump talk I hear him outlying all the problems without offering real solutions to anything. Hot air is right. He makes me uncomfortable. People like to bag on Hillary, and that's fine (although I disagree with most of it, but she's not an angel I'll admit). But Trump is the real danger IMO. It goes beyond "telling it like he sees it" into complete rudeness and lack of class and is not in any way presidential material.

A funny comment I saw months back was "I like Trump because he speaks his mind". The response was "My drunk uncle isn't afraid to speak his either, but that doesn't mean he should be president!". I rolled. It's exactly the point. Speaking your mind does NOT automatically = good president. It's a poor reason to vote.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I can't support either candidate so I'm staying home. I suppose I could vote third party or write someone in, but it would just be a waste of time and effort.

I comfort myself with the fact that our government is designed to have a balance of powers between the executive, legislative, and judicial branches. The President does not have unlimited power. There are checks and balances. This is not Hitler's Germany.

The country has survived lousy presidents before and it will do so again. There's always impeachment if it really gets bad. I'm not happy, but I'm not panicking either.

What dismays me most is the shrill rhetoric from both sides that demonizes those with opposing political views.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour

Speaking as an outsider I have to say I am completely astonished that Donald Trump is in the running for president - whatever about your allegiances re Republicans or Democrats some of his pronouncements have been downright inciteful and I dread to think of what his presidency will be like. I understand what you're saying, Soda about the government curtailing him but the very fact that he might be elected given his beliefs sends a very scary message out to the world about what the majority of Americans think about immigrants, world trade etc. and I would beg you to reconsider your position of not voting. Vote for a third candidate if you can't bring yourself to vote for the main two - but you must vote in the name of democracy. Sitting on the fence is not an acceptable position imo.

....and could you all explain to me why Hillary Clinton is so disliked? We here in Ireland anyway, are baffled as to how Bill can be so popular but Hillary hated? I'd genuinely like to know because even Don who's a good friend of the Clintons was backing Bernie Saunders.
    Last edited by DivineDon; 07-26-2016 at 12:27 PM.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

I'm probably going to get flak for this but I completely support Donald Trump although I won't be old enough to vote in November. Trump doesn't need the job. He is setting aside his business because he wants to fix the country and help people. He wants to cut corporate taxes so businesses will come back to America. Hillary's plan to raise minimum wage will only force businesses to lay off employees. Trump is focused on keeping America safe. Hillary cannot be trusted to keep America safe because she has already failed at that. She illegally put America's security at risk and did nothing to help the Americans in Benghazi. Then she lied about all of it. In fact, when asked about the American lives lost in Benghazi, she said, "What difference does it make at this point?" Do we really want someone who can't keep classified information secret and doesn't care about the loss of American lives to be president? Trump is not the perfect candidate but he is a business man who knows how to run things and he stands up for the people. At least he is not a lying, cheating, law breaker who wants to continue another 4 years of Obama's failed policies that are leaving Americans paying high Obamacare premiums and waiting for the next terrorist attack. Trump wants to get stuff done!
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by SoaringRockyMountainWay View Post
    I'm probably going to get flak for this but I completely support Donald Trump although I won't be old enough to vote in November. Trump doesn't need the job. He is setting aside his business because he wants to fix the country and help people. He wants to cut corporate taxes so businesses will come back to America. Hillary's plan to raise minimum wage will only force businesses to lay off employees. Trump is focused on keeping America safe. Hillary cannot be trusted to keep America safe because she has already failed at that. She illegally put America's security at risk and did nothing to help the Americans in Benghazi. Then she lied about all of it. In fact, when asked about the American lives lost in Benghazi, she said, "What difference does it make at this point?" Do we really want someone who can't keep classified information secret and doesn't care about the loss of American lives to be president? Trump is not the perfect candidate but he is a business man who knows how to run things and he stands up for the people. At least he is not a lying, cheating, law breaker who wants to continue another 4 years of Obama's failed policies that are leaving Americans paying high Obamacare premiums and waiting for the next terrorist attack. Trump wants to get stuff done!
    I couldn't have said that better myself! I am far from being one of Trump's biggest fans, but after years of the same old stuff from both parties and things not getting any better here, I'm willing to take the chance on him. That's how utterly fed up I am with the whole political system. Hillary will be 4 more years of Obama and in terms of both economics and foreign policy, I can't see how that will help us.

[QUOTE=DivineDon;337872

....and could you all explain to me why Hilary Clinton is so disliked? We here in Ireland anyway, are baffled as to how Bill can be so popular but Hilary hated? I'd genuinely like to know because even Don who's a good friend of the Clintons was backing Bernie Saunders.[/QUOTE]

Impeachment of Bill Clinton
    Monica Lewinsky scandal
    Clinton Foundation investigation
    Whitewater Controversy
    Benghazi Attack
    DOJ Investigation and bribery of the FBI

those are just a few

My dad is a legal Italian immigrant and a naturalized citizen who came to this country in 1971 so I support Trump because it infuriates me that illegals get more support then vets and citizens.

Also alot of people don't know the difference between Illegal immigration and Legal Immigration the latter of which Trump supports.

Another problem people have with Hillary is that she is corrupt. Bernie Sanders was the victim of her unethical sabotage during the primary. She is willing to lie shamelessly and takes a great deal of money from corporations. She is willing to compromise her beliefs without blinking to get more support or to please donors so that they keep supplying money. Many liberals are dismayed by how many progressive policies she has already abandoned - policies she used to support - in order to get money and win votes.

Hillary supporters will typically respond with "well, all politicians are corrupt" but Bernie Sanders didn't do any of that. That's why he had support from people Iike Don and the vast majority of the progressive liberals like most of my friends. The ill will towards her is not arbitrary.

IMO, she has only gotten this far by capitalizing on the goodwill people had towards her husband and the resulting name recognition. Even DD assumed we should like her because she was married to Bill.

Still, I think she would make a better president than Trump. With her, nothing will change; she won't make things any better, but I don't think she'd make them much worse. Trump would be an embarrassment.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Another problem people have with Hillary is that she is corrupt. Bernie Sanders was the victim of her unethical sabotage during the primary. She is willing to lie shamelessly and takes a great deal of money from corporations. She is willing to compromise her beliefs to get more support without blinking. Many liberals are dismayed by how many progressive policies she has already abandoned - policies she used to support - in order to win votes.

Hillary supporters will typically respond with "well, all politicians are corrupt" but Bernie Sanders didn't do any of that. That's why he had support from people Iike Don and the vast majority of the progressive liberals like most of my friends. The ill will towards her is not arbitrary.

IMO, she has only gotten this far by capitalizing on the goodwill people had towards her husband and the resulting name recognition. Even DD assumed we should like her because she was married to Bill.

Still, I think she would make a better president than Trump. With her, nothing will change; she won't make things any better, but I don't think she'd make them much worse. Trump would be an embarrassment.
    What Soda said here pretty much sums up my viewpoints towards Hillary Clinton.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time