Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question about the Christchurch show/bootleg

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default A question about the Christchurch show/bootleg

I didn't know where to put my question, so I decided to create a thread for it. (Soda, Dreamer, or whichever mod, feel free to move this if there's a thread for it already. I looked, but I didn't see one.)

Those of you who have the Christchurch show on DVD, how would you rate the quality of it?

I've been meaning to buy a copy of it. (Obviously, I want the best quality available.) I've seen videos on YouTube of the show, but they vary in quality. I'm wondering if there's different versions of the show with better quality than others.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Default Re: A question about the Christchurch show/bootleg

I have it and the quantity is not bad. I would say its better than any bootleg concert out there.

I found a video from that show. I think this is how it looks. Its very clear and its not recorded from a screen. I think it was done by a professional. I could be wrong. Someone help me on this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGxeQsSCea4[/ame]

I would say that it is very good quality, especially for a bootleg. I agree with Shun that it was professionally filmed with a number of cameras. I always wondered if it was filmed for broadcast or release, but due to the effects of the inclement weather, was scrapped. Despite the weather it is an excellent performance by the band. In fact, it is one of my favourites. The weather just added to the entertainment value for me.

Stuck on the Border

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/...stchurch95.htm

Someone will know more about this, but I think the story is that it was recorded for the band but the tapes got stolen going through customs.

Of course, even when the original source is pristine, there's not guarantee that you're not getting a copy of a copy of a copy.

My copy was a great quantity. The only problem I have with it is All She Wants To Do Is Dance is missing from my copy. Other than that, its a great bootleg.

Banned

I'm keen to divert folks away from buying pirates/bootlegs. Your money is going to crooks rather than the artists.

I haven't tested any of the links but you should be able to freely download the complete show on the internet;

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f14...ml#post1182358

It'll take some patience to download the whole show but you can't be an Eagles fan without possessing an outstanding amount of that.

The info says it's "the full 2 hours and 17 minute concert". From memory it was more like 3 hours and 17 minutes.

The Eagles - 1995-11-26 - Christchurch, NZ
    (DVDfull pro-shot)

Queen Elizabeth Stadium

Multi-camera Pro-shot

This is the full 2 hours and 17 minute concert off of a DVD that I got in a trade a few years ago, not the shorter 140 min russian version that's been floating around the internet.

Fantastic show! Torrential rain blowing sideways. Henley's voice was a little hoarse at times but they all managed to keep their sense of humor.
    Awesome performance by the band considering the circumstances and great job by the stage crew, who re-set the stage for safety (note Henley's comment right before Help me Through the Night) and kept it sqweegeed off as best they could.

Note: The "Secret Track" at the very end of DVD 2 is "Take it Easy" from one of the Japan shows earlier that same month. The video of that is pretty good but the audio has hitches and volume control issues.
    I believe the recordings were made for the on stage screens. The unusually inclement weather was enough of a distraction to give an opportune thief a chance to take advantage of some transit security lapses.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Thanks everyone. I'll probably buy the DVD soon then.

F50, I don't have the data needed to download a show that size.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    It'll take some patience to download the whole show but you can't be an Eagles fan without possessing an outstanding amount of that.
    This almost made me spit my drink. Hahahaha

It's my favorite live video of them, outside of the 1977 concert included with HOTE.

It's raining like mad, yet they are trucking on with coats on and live electricity in their mics and guitars. Shows their dedication.

I also really like Buffalo 94, and a few others like Houston/Seattle from the HC tour.

But Christchurch is my fav.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Christchurch my fave too bc omg timothy