Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sept 23

Border Desperado

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sep

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I don't see what would be disturbing about sculpting a statue that resembles the person being honoured.
    Hahah, love it Freypower! My thoughts exactly!

Also, how bout Teen King on the shirt!

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sep

Now that I have seen it from that angle I am even more dissatisfied with it.

Oh well.
    Yes !!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it sucks !! They definitely could have done a better job. At least it's not Scary Lucy territory.

Here is the photo

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for posting. I see it now.

Not a good likeness. Face far too broad, head too big, not skinny enough and jeans too baggy and doesn't have attitude.

Just as a reminder (as if anyone needs one):
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 09-17-2016 at 08:05 AM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm still wondering if maybe they're going for the statues not actually being Glenn and Jackson, but being characters in the song. So there is a slight resemblance but the whole park is acting out the lyrics. The Glenn statue looks like now his arm is going to rest on "Jackson"s shoulder and almost be like telling him the line "It's a girl my Lord in a flat bed Ford slowing down to take a look at me" referencing the truck and mural and in response to the previous lyric from Jackson's POV, and somewhat how the song was written.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Anything that I have read states that it is supposed to be Glenn, but that the statue that is "standing on the corner" now is not a particular person, but is often erroneously thought to be Jackson Browne.

Stuck on the Border

The T shirt is wrong & being even more pedantic, he didn't have a moustache when the song was written.

Don't get me wrong; I appreciate the sentiment but it doesn't work.

The entire thing (everything which has happened) is such a bloody shame. Be glad I didn't use stronger language. I just feel so empty & this was supposed to help in some way, and hasn't.

The T shirt is wrong & being even more pedantic, he didn't have a moustache when the song was written.

Don't get me wrong; I appreciate the sentiment but it doesn't work.

The entire thing (everything which has happened) is such a bloody shame. Be glad I didn't use stronger language. I just feel so empty & this was supposed to help in some way, and hasn't.
    I understand, most times I feel like I have a hole in my soul that will never go away.

I'm disappointed as well. I knew it wouldn't be perfect but the face is so wrong...

However, it's the thought that counts. I am still glad he is getting honored with a statue.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Here is the photo

I know that's supposed to be a Frey tribute, but, every time I look at it, I keep thinking Felder.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney