Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sept 23

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sep

The eyes look like Randy.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sep

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Thanks for posting. I see it now.

Not a good likeness. Face far too broad, head too big, not skinny enough and jeans too baggy and doesn't have attitude.

Just as a reminder (as if anyone needs one):
    Ooh la la. That would be a sexy statue.

I see the resemblance to everyone that's been mentioned: Duane Allman, Felder, the soft expression in Randy's eyes.

Maybe the likeness to Glenn will improve once it's cast in bronze. Let us pray.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Thanks for posting. I see it now.

Not a good likeness. Face far too broad, head too big, not skinny enough and jeans too baggy and doesn't have attitude.
    I completely agree with this. In your picture he has his sunglasses on his head; it would be a nice touch if the statue had the shades, too, just like a cool rock and roller standing on a corner in Arizona would have. Hopefully the finished product will be close enough for anyone to say, "Hey, that's Glenn Frey!"

These renditions aren't perfect, but they are identifiable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wonder if this is the photo they were trying to work from?

Regardless, all we can do is hope the bronze version looks better, and appreciate the sentiment.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - I don't think it's a horrible likeness of Glenn, but it's not a great one either. It's funny, but I actually think the original picture posted of just the head looked more like Glenn than the full statue. I have to say, although I don't think they got the hair right, it does look better than I thought it would. And it's not a very good job of capturing his physique. It be interesting to see what my impressions are this coming weekend.

In any event, I also share the sentiment that it's a great way to honor Glenn and I am so glad that there will always be a place where fans can now go to memorialize him. I'm hoping they will let us leave something at the statue. I hadn't really thought about what I would leave though - gotta get working on this. Any suggestions???

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

How about an Eagles medallion?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Hmm - not a bad idea UTW if I can manage to find one. Soda and I should have time to do a little bit of checking around when we're there, so we will surely be able to come up with something.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Sunglasses on his head? Someone is sure to steal a medallion.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Hmm - not a bad idea UTW if I can manage to find one. Soda and I should have time to do a little bit of checking around when we're there, so we will surely be able to come up with something.
    I left a photograph of him that I had framed there. I don't know what happens the stuff that peole have left there. I'd have liked to get flowers but I couldnt find a florist.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Troubadour

More I look at it the less I see Glenn. Sentiment's nice and all but they should either have gone for a carbon copy of early Seventies Glenn or someone else altogether - it just looks like a weird hybrid of Glenn and a stereotypical Southern Californian IMO.