Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sept 23

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sep

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Sunglasses on his head? Someone is sure to steal a medallion.
    The Eagles' medallion should have been cast as part of the statue as he wore it all the time in the 70s. No one would be able to steal that!

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sep

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well - I don't think it's a horrible likeness of Glenn, but it's not a great one either. It's funny, but I actually think the original picture posted of just the head looked more like Glenn than the full statue. I have to say, although I don't think they got the hair right, it does look better than I thought it would. And it's not a very good job of capturing his physique. It be interesting to see what my impressions are this coming weekend.
    I totally agree that the original photo of the head looked more like Glenn than the full statue. The strange thing is that although the original head wasn't perfect I think it was very recognisable as Glenn, whereas even the face now doesn't quite look right - comparing to photos of him my immediate impression is that the statue needs slightly wider eyes and more of a smile. I can see why people say he looks a bit like Randy but I also think the face looks vaguely like Bernie's did back in the day. Overall I'd say it's not as good a likeness as hoped unfortunately, although you can never quite tell how it will look when it is actually unveiled.

On the plus side, I do like the 'Song Power' T-shirt - that was a nice touch.

Well, I'm off to make the four hour drive to Nashville Airport in order to catch my 7:30 flight to Arizona. Later, guys!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Be safe and have a grand time!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Border Troubadour

Have a great time soda!

Does anybody know roughly when the unveiling etc is over the weekend? Will stream it if possible but don't want to be sat here for hours waiting for it to happen.

Stuck on the Border

Friday noon, local time. That's 8pm BST.

I've read it will be livestreamed but I don't have the link.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Safe travelling Soda. Wish I was with you too!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Be safe, Soda!

Here's a link to what's happening there for the weekend. Love Glenn's pic on it!

http://standinonthecorner.com/2016-s...park-festival/

and a link to their webpage

http://standinonthecorner.com/
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Have fun and safe travels to all that are going!!!
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well -

WE'RE OFF!!!

I'm in the Atlanta airport waiting to board my flight to Phoenix. I'll be meeting up with Soda later this afternoon and then we'll be off to Winslow. I'm very excited and looking forward to the statue dedication ceremony tomorrow.

We'll keep everyone posted when we can.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016