Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sept 23

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sep

Have a safe trip & enjoy " Standin' On The Corner "!!! Say hello to Soda!

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sep

Everyone have a safe, fun trip. I'll be looking for the livestream for this event.

(Aren't we fortunate theses days, to be able to witness these kinds of occasions, far afield as they may be?)

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

I'm in Phoenix!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm in Phoenix!
    Yay!!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Everyone have a safe, fun trip. I'll be looking for the livestream for this event.

(Aren't we fortunate theses days, to be able to witness these kinds of occasions, far afield as they may be?)
    A livestream you say! Must check that out.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Hope everyone going has a great trip! Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Stuck on the Border

This week you guys are honoring the late Eagles great Glenn Frey with a statue in Winslow, AZ. Before we get into specifics, how did this idea originate?

Mark: We were just thinking of a way to honor Glenn Frey's everlasting impact on Arizona, so we figured a statue in tribute to him would be perfect. We just had to get the city of Winslow to agree.
    NeanderPaul: To be clear, there's already a statue in Winslow that "stands on the corner." Over the years, people have said it resembles Jackson Browne (who co-wrote "Take It Easy") So, when Glenn passed, we thought there should be a second one installed as a tribute. We didn't plan for it to actually *be* Glenn. We just figured people would make the connection on their own.
    9) Give us the details on what's going to take place this week in Winslow with the Glenn Frey statue unveiling?

Mark: The day itself will be simple. We'll do our show from 5-10a and then the statue will be installed between noon and 2. All the work of arranging this whole thing is pretty much done.
    NeanderPaul: We'll do the show live from Winslow on the morning of the dedication to help kick off the town's annual "Standing On The Corner Festival." We'll stream video, and (barring any last-minute technical limitation) stream the ceremony live at around noon. Everyone's invited to join us live. Either in-person or online.
    10) Finally, how did you two guys, along with the Standing On The Corner Foundation and the City of Winslow come up with the money to fund the statue?

Mark & NeanderPaul: It wasn't cheap. We handled about 66% of the costs. The City of Winslow & Standing On The Corner Foundation, who handle the park's administration and maintenance, combine to cover the balance.
    http://www.allaccess.com/rock/10-que...e-neander-paul

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Thanks UTW for the article. So that statue really isn't supposed to be Glenn just like the other one isn't really Jackson, but still honoring them and the song.

Looking forward to hearing/seeing what happens this weekend.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Hope everyone going to the unveiling has a great time - can't wait to hear all the stories

I'll try to watch the unveiling online if I can get the link!
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Dreamer and I hopped down to the Corner and saw the old statue in front of the mural. I'm not sure where the new one will be... I'm eager for tomorrow!

PS I call BS on the "it was never supposed to be a statue of Glenn Frey" line. I didn't fly out here to see a statue of a random seventies dude. Everyone around here is saying it's supposed to be Glenn, too.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten