Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sept 23

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sep

This is a wonderful idea. If only I could figure out a way to go...

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sep

I hope you can too. I really do want to go to this ...

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Excellent news and a fitting tribute! I'd love to go and see it. I've actually never been to America and my attempts so far to persuade my parents of the importance of a trip to Winslow, AZ as part of any American holiday we might go on have not proven very successful ('we're not going all that way to stand on a corner!'). Hopefully the new statue will help my cause but I'll probably have to go on my own some time in the future...

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I thought about going too but when I saw that the dedication would be Friday afternoon, not Saturday I changed my mind. I have no more free vacation days. Plus the hotel that I really want to stay at in Winslow is totally booked. I think I will wait until next year when I can spend more time there.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

The people who are creating the statue posted about it on Facebook, and they included a photo of the the head. It's 70s Glenn.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1175864943

-Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I don't think that it looks that much like him. Thanks for posting, AG95. I wonder if Glenn's estate has final approval?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    Excellent news and a fitting tribute! I'd love to go and see it. I've actually never been to America and my attempts so far to persuade my parents of the importance of a trip to Winslow, AZ as part of any American holiday we might go on have not proven very successful ('we're not going all that way to stand on a corner!'). Hopefully the new statue will help my cause but I'll probably have to go on my own some time in the future...
    There are many beautiful things to see in Arizona, including the Grand Canyon and Sedona.

What a great tribute to Glenn, really special.

P.S. The statue already there isn't meant to depict Jackson Browne per se, according to the park's web site, but is "a life-sized bronze statue created by sculptor Ron Adamson depicting a 1970’s man standing on the corner wearing jeans, boots, shirt and vest with a guitar standing on the toe of his boot."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I don't think that it looks that much like him. Thanks for posting, AG95. I wonder if Glenn's estate has final approval?
    I think the facial features are pretty good, but the hair is all wrong. But, I'd like to see a frontal view to see if that makes a difference.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I agree I think the facial features look good as does the mustache, but I thought maybe the hair looks that way because of the sunglasses on his head, if they do that. LOL
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

The sculptor gave Glenn a mullet.