Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sept 23

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sep

Thank you Soda and Dreamer for the accounts. From the video there's a nice-sized crowd. Do you know if any of Glenn's family or colleagues were there?

I hate to be a stickler but I couldn't help notice some wrong facts cited: "Joe Walsh replaced Felder."

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sep

That wasn't the only factual error, but I think it was the most egregious!

At first the crowd seemed sparse, but by 11:00, the corner was filled with people. I'm hesitant to estimate the number, though, because I'm not good at that sort of thing.

We were told the Frey family had been asked to come but had not responded with the exception of his brother Alan, who had considered it and ultimately decided not to attend (although according to Tom, Alan fully approved of it). I daresay if there were any colleagues of Glenn in the crowd, they would have been asked to speak. Dreamer and I were probably the only people in that crowd who had even conversed with Glenn Frey, much less knew him.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Soda and Dreamer, thank you so much for filling us in. What a disaster! I'm just glad you actually got to see the unveiling! I'm also sorry for those that had to leave before even getting to see it.

They should have gotten the statue in before they set a date for this whole event. Terrible planning, for sure! I hope to make it to Winslow to see it some day!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten