Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sept 23

Out on the Border TequilaSunrise82's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sep

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    The people who are creating the statue posted about it on Facebook, and they included a photo of the the head. It's 70s Glenn.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1175864943

Disappointing, this looks nothing like him

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sep

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    GA - If I have a vote and you can only do one of the trips, my selfish vote is for you to take off in January! It would be great to see you again! And you have to go to Joshua Tree National Park with us!
    I think so too HB. Also to be honest the flights to Phoenix are very expensive too and I am just BACK from the States!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I wouldn't say it looks "nothing" like him...and since I'm not a sculptor, I'm not sure if it could have been better or not...

Stuck on the Border

I'd need to find a picture of Glenn with a similar slight smile. My first impression was that the cheeks were a little too rounded whereas Glenn was more angular.

ETA: I'll accept that it's the smile that's rounding the cheeks. Other than that, it's a slightly idealised version, the sculpture equivalent of airbrushed.

[quote
    [/quote]

When I was looking at some of my saved pictures of Glenn the one below reminded me of the picture of the bust (mainly the hair & moustache). I don't think it is a good likeness. The nose seems right. Maybe it's the eyes.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

First of all, HB and GA - It's too bad y'all can't make this, but I get it. It's such a shame when work gets in the way of play! But, I think I'd choose L.A. over this as well if I were in your shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    When I was looking at some of my saved pictures of Glenn the one below reminded me of the picture of the bust (mainly the hair & moustache). I don't think it is a good likeness. The nose seems right. Maybe it's the eyes.

And that's funny how differently we all see things, GL. As I said earlier, to me the facial features do show a likeness. If anything, I think the nose is too big. I know Glenn had a pretty big nose, but not as big as the one on the bust. IMO, the hair is what's most wrong.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

The texture of the hair is certainly wrong. And the style isn't right either. His hair usually hung straighter than in the picture & the statue has it brushed back over his ears even more.

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- S

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    When I saw this the one thing that struck me was the eyes don't seem right. Everything else is passable, although I do think the hair could be better. Maybe once the work is complete and we can see the final product, it'll be more Glenn-like.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I don't think it looks like him at all. Hopefully, this doesn't turn into another "Scary Lucy" situation, where a statue of Lucille Ball that was erected was so bad they had to replace it.

That head looks more like don felder than glenn frey!

Wouldnt be the first bad sculpture as mentioned the lucy one and in brazil my soccer team erected a sculpture of one the their star players that died in a helicopter accident. The sculpture is an eye sore to the memory of the player.

Ps: on big brother this season there is a guy that resembles frey alot ... The nose...deep eyes...see

Here: https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpre...trip=all&w=780

Here http://www.stockingblue.com.nyud.net...s/bb1801pc.jpg

Here http://cdn.bigbrotheraccess.com/wp-c...other-18-1.jpg

Here http://wwwimage.cbsstatic.com/base/f...lie-nicole.jpg
    Last edited by OutlawManNJ; 08-28-2016 at 01:18 AM.