Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sept 23

Out on the Border TequilaSunrise82's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sep

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    That head looks more like don felder than glenn frey!
    Yes, I agree, the mouth especially reminds me of Felder.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sep

I'll guess we'll see what it looks like when it's finished but I noticed there's bronze statues of The Beatles at a park in England that one of my Beatles friends went to yesterday and I spotted differences in their statues too. You could still tell it was them based on what they were wearing and it's an iconic photo of them walking down the street.

But maybe they were also going on how the other statue in the park isn't of Jackson but most people think it is (which I thought it was at first too). So just more of a vague 70s look so the statues represent Jackson and Glenn but it's not exactly them.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Buffy, where were the Beatles statues? Just curious because I live about 15-20 minutes drive away from Liverpool city centre and there's a few Beatles-related landmarks and/or street names that I'm quite familiar with (there's one street in the city centre that has an Eleanor Rigby statue, a lot of people especially tourists take a photo with it). I'd be happy to take a few photos next time I'm down that way and post them on here.

I'd agree that the head of the statue isn't quite perfect, but it's certainly recognisable as OOTN/HC-era Glenn - it's far, far better than 'Scary Lucy'.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    I'd agree that the head of the statue isn't quite perfect, but it's certainly recognisable as OOTN/HC-era Glenn - it's far, far better than 'Scary Lucy'.
    I agree, JCL. We all see things differently, but I don't see any resemblance to Felder at all. If you check out the DonFelderOnline photo gallery, the pictures of him show that he has a much fuller mouth than Glenn. Also, he has a smaller nose and Glenn's eyes are much deeper set. After the late 90's when Felder had some 'work' done, his lips appear to be thinner. I'm not trying to be critical, just offering an opinion on my observations.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Come Lately View Post
    Buffy, where were the Beatles statues? Just curious because I live about 15-20 minutes drive away from Liverpool city centre and there's a few Beatles-related landmarks and/or street names that I'm quite familiar with (there's one street in the city centre that has an Eleanor Rigby statue, a lot of people especially tourists take a photo with it). I'd be happy to take a few photos next time I'm down that way and post them on here.

It's in Liverpool but I'm not exactly sure where. It's on the side walk and she did post that she was "walking along the docks with the Fabs" and looks like the photo of them walking in the early 60s with the coats on. Their faces may not be exact but the clothing and the way they're walking is the same.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

That statue is based on one of the greatest photos ever taken of the Beatles. I had no idea this had happened; how I need to see this. I would say the only one who doesn't look quite right is George. It is literally in front of the Liver Buliding!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...front-10548540

The statue of Glenn may not be perfect but it certainly does not look like Felder.

This angle looks better than the one my friend posted. LOL Had no idea about it till her post yesterday.
    ~*Amanda*~

Stuck on the Border

The Beatles one looks great. I had no trouble in picking out who's who and there's a sense of movement.

I'll add my vote that the Winslow bust looks nothing like Don Felder.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

no.

Definitely not Felder. lol

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

The Beatles statues are great! I had no trouble identifying them either. I would recognize John and Ringo if they were by themselves. Maybe not the other two.

I think Glenn's is a good likeness, but it's definitely not perfect.

The one in Winslow isn't Jackson either, but they didn't mean it to be. It does remind me of him though.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten