Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sept 23

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sep

Quote Originally Posted by priscillaupstate View Post
    Or is it real?
    Golly, Priscilla - I meant to answer your question a long time ago and totally forgot about it. No, the Eagle is not real. If you look at any pictures of the corner, you'll see it. It's a permanent fixture - no accident, I guess.

Anyway, our trip to the statue unveiling is less than two weeks away. When Soda and I leave Arizona, we will fly to Nashville to see Timothy two weeks from today. Getting very excited.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: Glenn Frey Statue Unveiled at Standin' on the Corner Festival in Winslow, AZ- Sep

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Golly, Priscilla - I meant to answer your question a long time ago and totally forgot about it. No, the Eagle is not real. If you look at any pictures of the corner, you'll see it. It's a permanent fixture - no accident, I guess.

Anyway, our trip to the statue unveiling is less than two weeks away. When Soda and I leave Arizona, we will fly to Nashville to see Timothy two weeks from today. Getting very excited.
    I'm excited for you both!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Sounds like you will have a great weekend.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Have a GREAT time ladies!! It should be a lot of fun! Wish I could join y'all!

Stuck on the Border

I hope you have a great time ... and if I remember to tune in, I;ll look for you on the livestream.

An update on the statue: https://www.facebook.com/MarkNeander...type=3&theater

It looks like he has his arm out ready for a hug.

I still don't think it looks like him. The hair mustn't have beet finished in the first pic we saw. It looks smoother here.

I do think the choice of the "Song Power" tee shirt is very appropriate.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

The hair makes him look like Duane or Greg Allman. It's not that horrible, though. The Song Power T-shirt is cool. Now, they need the patched jeans with it.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Now that I have seen it from that angle I am even more dissatisfied with it.

Oh well.

Love the choice of shirt

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Love the shirt choice too and it's not that bad. Looking forward to seeing what the finished one will look like.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."