Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Border hits 100 members!!!!

Default The Border hits 100 members!!!!

Landmark day folks - The Border now has 100 members! And just a week before we turn a year old!!

Thanks to everyone who has been a part of this community and helped it grow - which you've done just by posting here - even if you don't have time to post a lot. I feel so lucky to have this place to talk about the Eagles with friends.... and to make new friends as well. The internet community can have its drawbacks, but I think those are far outweighed by its benefits. At the risk of sounding corny, I feel blessed in so many ways.

Again, thanks everyone. You rock.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

That is awesome. I'm so glad that we reached that milestone right around the anniversary date of taking the board public. Congrats Soda - you have done a wonderful job with all of the sites that are part of the Eagles Online network.

I too, am so grateful to have this community where we can have a great time discussing our favorite band with other fans, and keeping up-to-date with what is going on. I truly appreciate the friendships that I have made here. My only regret is that I can't find more time to hang out here!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Here, here! I couldn't have said it better myself!!

https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Congratulations from me too.
    I'm delighted to be part of such a wonderful community of people, and like so many others only regret that I cant spend more time on the board.

A big Thank you from me too to Soda and the other Moderators for all the work they do to keep the border running smothly and to keep it updated!

LONG LIVE THE BORDER
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

The above sentiments are fully shared by me.

I'm proud of the Border, EOC, GFO and all the associated sites. I'm proud to be part of this community and long may it continue to thrive and flourish. And I'm also proud to be associated wtith the wonderful people I've met here.

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

WooHoo! That is wonderful. Congrats on a great site. Let's party

WOO-HOO!!! 100 Members!!! What a great milestone!
    Thanks to you, Nancy, for all your hard work, and thanks to all the great people I talk to on this site everyday!!

Congratulations, I really enjoy this message board, thank you for creating it.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Congratulation to this wonderful site, Nancy. I'm really glad that I've found so many friends here. I know I don't contribute as much as others to the discussions but always read and enjoy these. My lack of language knowledge is always present and that's what makes it a little bit more difficult for me.
    But I've learned a lot over the last year and it's due to you that my English got so much better.

Default Congrats

Such an awesome feat, 100 members and a year online! And each day it just gets better and better. You've done such a great job on all the sites and like everyone else, I thoroughly enjoy being here. Talking with others who share my love for the Eagles is so much fun and there's always something new to look forward to. As you said, there are drawbacks to online communitities, but not here. There is so much genuine support for everyone, in so many ways. A place where others understand how we feel about the guys and where we can indulge ourselves in their music, eye candy and more, without someone rolling their eyes and thinking we're weird. Thank you to all who make this possible.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.