Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Will they play again?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Will they play again?

FreyFollower - Thank You for the beautiful post.

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Funk, even if you feel this way, there is no need to express yourself in such an insensitive manner. Even if you're not hurting, you know other people are, especially the one to which you were speaking. You also know she has not been well. I can't imagine telling a grieving person that you brush aside their deceased loved one because you're over it. You could have just said you were focusing on the future. Even so, history matters to a lot of people. Please be kind. It won't cost you a dime.
    Thank you FreyFollower. I was going to post something this morning, but I didn't have time. You said it far better that I could. Funk50's post was very hurtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post

The use of the Eagles name is based motivated by finance and prestige. In the last few years Joe has supported Bob Seger and Tom Petty. Don has been billed below Carol King. As Eagles they'd top the bill. If Joe, Tim and Don played two identical shows, one billed as Henley, Schmit, Walsh and the other billed as Eagles, the Eagles show would earn them loads more money.

It took a lot of work, by all of them, to achieve that level of pulling power, they'd be idiots to chuck it away after Glenn's death.
    I know the motivation is money, and that's what makes it so distasteful to me. It's not as if they don't have enough! Well, it's said that 'the love of money is the root of all evil'.

Funk 50, you appear to be a very shallow person, or maybe you just like to upset people.

Stuck on the Border

The reason I brush Glenn aside is because he is dead. Unless he rises from the grave he is not going to play any further part in the Eagles. It's like that Randy Newman song I Want You To Hurt Like I Do. I'm over Glenn's death. I'm not hurting. I'm looking forward to the future.
    'So you finally came right out and said it
    What took you so long''? (Phil Collins)

The song to which you refer is a particular favourite of mine. For the record, I do NOT want anyone to hurt like I do. Far from it. What I had hoped was that most people on this board would agree with me that the band should not have continued, and on an even more basic level would at least pay some sort of lip service to Glenn Frey's loss.

I may as well quote Mr Collins again:

'Just leave, oh leave me alone with my dreams
    You've taken everything else
    You know what I mean'.

Oh, and as for your smug reference to the 'future' which of course condemns people like me to be clinging on to memories while you stride purposefully on, here is someone else who died recently, Leonard Cohen:

'I've seen the future, brother
    It is murder'.

Goodbye.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Funk, even if you feel this way, there is no need to express yourself in such an insensitive manner. Even if you're not hurting, you know other people are, especially the one to which you were speaking. You also know she has not been well. I can't imagine telling a grieving person that you brush aside their deceased loved one because you're over it. You could have just said you were focusing on the future. Even so, history matters to a lot of people. Please be kind. It won't cost you a dime.
    Great post FreyFollower but if you haven't noticed, I am constantly attacked for expressing my opinion. I'm just responding and defending myself. The "brush aside" comment isn't mine, it's one of many fired at me.

I try my best to stick to the issues which means I pay little attention to who is posting, never mind their mental state.

I am "focusing on the future" in a thread that's titled "Will they play again"

Stuck on the Border

Great post FreyFollower but if you haven't noticed, I am constantly attacked for expressing my opinion. I'm just responding and defending myself. The "brush aside" comment isn't mine, it's one of many fired at me.

I try my best to stick to the issues which means I pay little attention to who is posting, never mind their mental state.

I am "focusing on the future" in a thread that's titled "Will they play again"
    For your information FF was referring to my physical health, not my 'mental state'. I am not going to waste my time explaining this to you. But if you are telling me that you don't ever notice who is posting, you are being extremely disingenuous.

I had written yet another post trying to explain for the umpteenth time why you upset me with your 'Frey didn't matter' stuff. But it's pointless. Maybe once this farce has occurred you might realise what is wrong with it, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by Freypower; 05-15-2017 at 06:57 PM.

Banned

I don't remember posting that 'Frey didn't matter'. I thought he was band leader when he was alive

Yes, they will play again. Yes, Glenn's son will play with them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b041db896519e4

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

I thought it might be Deacon. How do you all feel about that?

Banned

Personally, Steph UK, it's as interesting to me as a new member of the backing band. I'll be quite shocked if Deacon and the secret special guest get to sing Glenn's full compliment of songs. Two or three, four at the most, between them is my guess.

I expect Henley to take over Glenn's roll as mc and Henley and Walsh to do the majority of the lead vocals.