Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: alternate album covers

Default Re: alternate album covers

Quote Originally Posted by alreadygone View Post
    why, because he looks high af? (which he probably was)
    They all appear to be "glassy" eyed. LOL

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Banned

This thread has got me thinking about the album titles. Apart from their eponymous first album the Eagles have tended to name their albums after (arguably) the strongest track.

What happened with On The Border?

I'd love to know how that ended up as the title track.

Border Troubadour

I'd guess because it was released around the time of Watergate and Nixon's resignation and it helped to emphasise their discontentment at it all? The other candidates would be Already Gone, Best of My Love or James Dean, and none of those three work at all. In all honesty On the Border is probably the only decent album title in there!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    This thread has got me thinking about the album titles. Apart from their eponymous first album the Eagles have tended to name their albums after (arguably) the strongest track.

What happened with On The Border?

I'd love to know how that ended up as the title track.
    I feel the same about The Long Run. The song fails to live up to the expectations of the title & is one of my least favourites of all their songs. At least the song OTB has some novelty value.

NB: This is not a popular opinion; I know that.

Border Troubadour

Out of interest FP is there a song you would put forward as the title track in lieu of The Long Run?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Out of interest FP is there a song you would put forward as the title track in lieu of The Long Run?
    Ah; now you've asked me. I suppose The Sad Café but it is too similar in mood to Hotel California for a title. There really isn't another suitable title from those songs - I have to concede that. But why couldn't Heartache Tonight have worked? It would have been the ONLY time Glenn sang lead on the title track of an Eagles album. What they could have done was choose a lyric from one of the songs & used that (the same as Tim uses 'feed the fire' from The Shadow as the title of that album). Tracks On The Boulevard?

Border Troubadour

You raise a: further, could any lyrics from songs from OTB have worked?! I'll give it some thought. I would say Heartache Tonight is the only other decent alternative for The Long Run, but I do think the song they went with, combined with the artwork, probably gives quite a good indication of how utterly fed up and borderline splitting up they were, certainly in retrospect. I'll go for another question too - what would the alternative song / lyrical title for the eponymous album have been?

(OP - sorry about derailing the thread! Maybe it might be best to split it into the original artwork one and a different one for alternative titles?)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    You raise a: further, could any lyrics from songs from OTB have worked?! I'll give it some thought. I would say Heartache Tonight is the only other decent alternative for The Long Run, but I do think the song they went with, combined with the artwork, probably gives quite a good indication of how utterly fed up and borderline splitting up they were, certainly in retrospect. I'll go for another question too - what would the alternative song / lyrical title for the eponymous album have been?

(OP - sorry about derailing the thread! Maybe it might be best to split it into the original artwork one and a different one for alternative titles?)
    It's my fault entirely thelastresort. I'm gonna try and think up some alternate album titles using song lyrics rather than song titles.