Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Billboard Action

Default Re: Billboard Action

Perhaps, but why now? The tour has been going on a while. You'd think such an increase due to the tour would happen at its outset. Maybe there's something else going on.

ETA: Oh wait - something just occurred to me. They sell copies at the merch booths! Of course.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Looking at this week’s Billboard Top 200, it looks like Hell Freezes Over hasn’t re-entered the charts yet with the release of the 25th Anniversary Edition. Curiously enough, The Best of the Eagles did re-enter at #178.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Looking at this week’s Billboard Top 200, it looks like Hell Freezes Over hasn’t re-entered the charts yet with the release of the 25th Anniversary Edition. Curiously enough, The Best of the Eagles did re-enter at #178.
    Well, that's kind of strange. However, after reading FB fan group statements I am not surprised. Most of the comments left by people stated it was "another money grab". A lot wanted to know why no dvd for HOTE Tour or LROOE. Others asked why not a release for the second night of HFO or a release for both nights. I have to say I agree with both statements.
    However, I have to say that I do love TBOTE cd and play it often.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yes I agree, fans can only buy so much before they complete their collections. If you have already bought Legacy earlier in the year you probably won't buy the HFO vinyl
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I consider myself a completest, BUT I already have every song in the Eagles' catalog, and even several multiple versions of many songs. So, I really don't need another version of the same stuff. However, I would be all over them releasing something new like what has been mentioned. I just don't get it - I guess it's too labor intensive for the band to produce a 2nd night HFO, LROOE, or HOTE DVD.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I don't get it either. Nearly every other band in the world promotes themselves with new stuff. And we know they like money so, why not give us something we don't already have multiples of?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I'm tempted to buy Legacy for my birthday in September... I'm still against the idea of them repackaging this stuff, but I really have come around to the idea of getting it.

I have TBOTE, Selected Works, GH1&2, F1 and HOTE and HFO on video, etc. Yet now I want Legacy. lol

I LOVE vinyl but I have this weird thing that I never buy new vinyl. I only want vinyl of things that were originally on vinyl when they came out, and I only want old copies of vinyl, not new pretty copies in the wrapping. I'm probably alone but I like vinyl hunting in mom and pop shops and I think older vinyl albums sound better too. So I won't be interested in HFO on vinyl. I also am not a big fan of the HFO setlist.

I want LROOE and HOTE tour video! I want more 70s and HFO era video, too. Anything from Hotel California tour through the HOTE tour.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I'm not surprised. There is literally nothing to recommend it. It doesn't even have new packaging... it looks just like the unsold Hell Freezes Over CD that you might have found in a record store before the re-release. The advertising for the re-release on the website says it has been remastered, but that's not clearly indicated anywhere on the product itself as far as I can tell. Soooooo little effort has been put into this. Even the remastering was just something they'd already done for Legacy.

Again, happy for the vinyl folks, but the CD... you could've bought the HFO CD off Amazon at any time. Re-releases mean nothing nowadays unless they have something new to offer. Perhaps our audiophiles can tell us if the remastering is truly a noticeable improvement.

The Best Of might benefit from being sold at shows.

I definitely don't understand the HFO repackaging.

I mean, unless you are actually really improving the audio of the HFO CD, there is no point in repackaging it.

The only thing I can come up with is the whole vinyl thing.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I definitely don't understand the HFO repackaging.

I mean, unless you are actually really improving the audio of the HFO CD, there is no point in repackaging it.

The only thing I can come up with is the whole vinyl thing.
    Yeah, I see what you mean - what's the point of a repackage when there's nothing new? So then you have to ask... what's the point, period?