Page 122 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1396

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Thanks, Delilah and CA.(I apologize for the duplicate posts. I had trouble with the server).

I ended up back at the dentist office on Monday. I developed an infected dry socket over the weekend, which then spread to the roof of my mouth. I've been barely eating or drinking since Sunday. I'm back on a new antibiotic (my 8th since the end of January). If I don't see improvement by Thursday, I'll probably have to go to the ER to get IV antibiotics and saline for dehydration. There is a bit of good news; I managed to get my oral surgery bumped up to the 4th.

Because everything won't be done until mid-May, and I won't be fully healed until June, one of my professors got me an extension on the incompletes until the end of summer, which gives me a month extra. I'm missing at least half the work in all my classes, so I'm very grateful for the extra time.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I finally had my eye surgery on Tuesday after two times of being delayed. My blood pressure was a little high, but they gave me something to lower my blood pressure.

I had no pain or even discomfort which was very interesting since I never had any surgery where I wasn't in pain after the numbness wore off, but I'm glad I didn't have any pain.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I finally had my eye surgery on Tuesday after two times of being delayed. My blood pressure was a little high, but they gave me something to lower my blood pressure.

I had no pain or even discomfort which was very interesting since I never had any surgery where I wasn't in pain after the numbness wore off, but I'm glad I didn't have any pain.
    Shun, I'm so grateful for your successful surgery and no discomfort. All the best to you.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Thanks, Delilah and CA.(I apologize for the duplicate posts. I had trouble with the server).

I ended up back at the dentist office on Monday. I developed an infected dry socket over the weekend, which then spread to the roof of my mouth. I've been barely eating or drinking since Sunday. I'm back on a new antibiotic (my 8th since the end of January). If I don't see improvement by Thursday, I'll probably have to go to the ER to get IV antibiotics and saline for dehydration. There is a bit of good news; I managed to get my oral surgery bumped up to the 4th.

Because everything won't be done until mid-May, and I won't be fully healed until June, one of my professors got me an extension on the incompletes until the end of summer, which gives me a month extra. I'm missing at least half the work in all my classes, so I'm very grateful for the extra time.
    AG95, prayers for your struggles and all good wishes for your path to good health and to becoming a college grad real soon!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Eek! "Eye thing!" LOL! Just kidding... glad to hear you didn't have any pain. I was my friend Cindy's "ride or die" when she went in both times for her cataract surgery. The first time she was terrified, but afterward she said she was really surprised... no pain at all.

AG: Sometimes our bodies just get so outta whack it takes time (and effort... especially when we get older LOL) to get back into balance. Best wishes for a continued recovery, even if it is a work-in-progress!

Oh I'm so glad you were able to get your surgery done. I was hoping it would turn out ok. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Welp. I ended up back at the ER on Wednesday afternoon. I decided to try and put a few hours in my internship. When I got down to the campus, I started feeling funny. My back started hurting, as did my lower abdomen; I felt dizzy, dehydrated, sick to my stomach, and slightly disoriented, among other things. I ended up having to have an ambulance called. Two hours later, I had an answer- the new antibiotic had given me a UTI that was turning into a kidney infection. I ended needing fluids, an antibiotic shot, and two different pain medications. I'm also on another oral antibiotic. I wasn't allowed to drive myself the hour home, but luckily, my favorite professor lives 3 minutes away from the hospital, and was kind enough to drive me home. (This professor has become an adoptive dad of sorts).

I had to stop taking that other antibiotic. Right now, I'm not on anything for dental infection. My system has been put through the ringer over the past few months, and it's just become overwhelmed. I can still feel the infection in my face, and I know that without intervention soon it's going to go crazy like it did last month. My mouth is still sore, and my liquid and food intake is still well below normal. I go back on Tuesday for another attempt at getting a dental mold made. We'll address the situation then.

This new antibiotic is also doing a number on my system. It's going to be another rough 5-6 weeks before I (hopefully) will have conquered this ever-growing mountain.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

AG so sorry to hear all your struggles. You’re in my prayers what a battle.

Shun, congrats on the promotion, virtual high five! You had quite a scare with your eyes. Thank god it turned out to be a success.

hoping everyone else is ok.

On top of everything going on in my life, the environment at the house has gotten very uncomfortable for me. It's gotten to the point where I am avoiding my roommates at all costs. And that's not good, as that has begun to affect my work life. It just feels like I am on the verge of a major mental breakdown. So I am currently looking for an apartment, hopefully one that doesn't require a credit check.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    KW, Thanks for watching!! I really was nervous. Plus, my cheek was swollen because of a toothache. I might have my first wisdom tooth coming in. Imagine that! 65 years old and finally getting wisdom teeth. And I lost video on my end half way through, so I couldn't see myself. Thankfully, I didn't do anything too embarrassing.
    But it was great fun!

well you came off calm,cool and a pro. I would’ve been stammering. I’m so not good at public speaking. A major reason I didn’t Continue my dream of being a rockstar (lol) or on the radio. Always wanted to do something in music but have stage fright. I’ll play guitar in my home that’s about it. Way to go
    mad far as wisdom teeth that’s crazy. Who’d a thunk?

elle....hope it gets better. As cheesy as it sounds try and stay focused hopefully things will turn around