Page 78 of 140 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Brooke, so delighted to hear the news that Baby Catcher has been born, and you know your d-i-l will recover much quicker without the section. I'm sure little Cutter is making a great big brother. And thrilled too for your daughter opening up her own place too.

Cosec so glad you are ok -a car can be replaced but a person cannot. I hope your appointment goes well and that your neck pain heals quickly.

I've been busy - my kids have state exams this year so they are studying hard, my mother is on her own now so needs quite a bit of supervision due to her Parkinsons disease and I'm doing my own job fulltime as well. My mother has been assessed as being ready for Nursing home care and she spent a very pleasant week in respite care in September, but she adamantly refuses to go permanently and over here they will not move someone into residential care unless they themselves agree to it. I just hope that she does not have a fall or other accident in the meantime.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Congrats, Brooke!
    Good Luck, Cosec!
    Groupie, glad you are okay! I was rear-ended and knocked into someone else in an accident about 34 years ago. The guy had ran the light behind me and failed to notice that we had to stop for some ahead to turn. My '72 Nova didn't have a shoulder strap, and I popped my neck pretty good. It hurt like heck, and I could barely turn it. Still, the doc said I didn't have whiplash. I hope that you find everything is all right, and feel better soon. I feel your pain!

GA, I understand what you are going through as well. I look after my mom, who lives alone next door. She has broken her hip and her tailbone in different falls in the past, and has memory issues. I also work full time, and worry a lot. I hope that you can find a good resolution for your mom's situation.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I am still shaken up over it. The guy who hit me was taking drugs for chemo and claimed he blacked out and didn't remember seeing me there. Very scary.

Brooke - congrats on the grandbaby!
    cosec - good luck on your exams!
    GA - I hope your mother's situation gets worked out!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Brooke, so delighted to hear the news that Baby Catcher has been born, and you know your d-i-l will recover much quicker without the section. I'm sure little Cutter is making a great big brother. And thrilled too for your daughter opening up her own place too.

Cosec so glad you are ok -a car can be replaced but a person cannot. I hope your appointment goes well and that your neck pain heals quickly.

I've been busy - my kids have state exams this year so they are studying hard, my mother is on her own now so needs quite a bit of supervision due to her Parkinsons disease and I'm doing my own job fulltime as well. My mother has been assessed as being ready for Nursing home care and she spent a very pleasant week in respite care in September, but she adamantly refuses to go permanently and over here they will not move someone into residential care unless they themselves agree to it. I just hope that she does not have a fall or other accident in the meantime.
    Thank you!

I hope you can get your mother in care as soon as possible. My mother is in a nursing home and it was at her doctor's request that she go for her own safety. She didn't want to at all, but since my siblings and I could not be with her 24 hours a day she finally agreed. I feel sorry for her now as she is pretty bored. She always loved her home and gardening and cooking and now she has nothing to do but read and watch tv. They have a some activities with the residents every day, which help. I wish she didn't have to be there, but she just couldn't remember to take her meds properly. One day she left a stove burner on and burned her dinner for a couple hours and a couple times she left water running and flooded her apartment floor. It's hard to see such vital, fun loving people go downhill like that. My aunt (Mom's sister) passed away in July at 94 (Mom is 86) years and was still in her home by herself and refused to go in to care also. She fell several times and broke or cracked her hips. That is the risk when they stay home but you don't want them to get hurt either. Prayers for you and her.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thanks Brooke, myself and my brother and sister are extremely stressed over this but unfortunately our mother does not see this (or the time commitment involved) at all. She is 84. Hopefully we can get her to agree soon. Thanks for sharing your experience with us as its interesting to know how other people have coped and cope with this situation
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Groupie - how frightening! So glad you are OK!

Good look to those dealing with exams!

GA, I know how hard your situation is with your mom. I hope things will get sorted soon.

I have a conference in Birmingham next weekend; I'm presenting a paper on John Milton's Paradise Regained. When I applied for the conference, it was at my department chair's urging; she thought it would be good for the college to be represented there. I came up with what I thought was a pretty good idea for a paper and obviously, they agreed. I wrote a couple pages. Now that it's a week away, though, I've still got about 8 pages left to write on it (we're expected to speak for about 12-15 minutes)! I'll think of something to say, but this is not the kind of thing you want to improv. I don't want to look like I don't know my stuff. It's going to be a stressful week, writing this paper on top of all my other responsibilities.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

I have a conference in Birmingham next weekend; I'm presenting a paper on John Milton's Paradise Regained. When I applied for the conference, it was at my department chair's urging; she thought it would be good for the college to be represented there. I came up with what I thought was a pretty good idea for a paper and obviously, they agreed. I wrote a couple pages. Now that it's a week away, though, I've still got about 8 pages left to write on it (we're expected to speak for about 12-15 minutes)! I'll think of something to say, but this is not the kind of thing you want to improv. I don't want to look like I don't know my stuff. It's going to be a stressful week, writing this paper on top of all my other responsibilities.

Ah, yes. One of those times when you wish the boss didn't like you quite so much!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Thank you, soda! The neck injury is getting better, and I'm still dealing with all the car business. My car was totaled, so now I'm waiting for the check from my insurance so I can get a new car. Fun stuff.

Good luck, soda!

Thanks! I'm leaving today. Not looking forward to it, honestly!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Good luck with "Paradise Regained."