Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118
Results 1,171 to 1,174 of 1174

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

So my first day at Amazon was crazy. First, the boss of my team barked at me because I had a black backpack. No one told me about the clear bag policy! (Thankfully I asked my roommate and she said i could use her clear tote that she had). Then the lady that was supposed to be the one showing me around couldn't that day because apparently Wednesdays are very very busy there. She was really nice and when she would see me, she'd apologize for not showing me around. And although the two guys that were showing me around are real nice guys, they just walk real real fast. I told them about my cerebral palsy and they tried their hardest to help make it easier for me. After walking the entire length of the complex (which is the size of two football fields!), we went to lunch. i ate on a different floor and ended up loosing track of the two guys. But it worked out in the end because they guys told the main supervisor that I would be better suited to just stay in one area. So now I just clean the 3rd floor break room, which is the size of a standard hospital cafeteria, and that's not that bad.

Today is day 2, and even though I'll be cleaning restrooms today, its going to be a good day. I'm hoping.

Stuck on the Border

OMG - I am so sorry to hear about all the drama/things you have to go through. Hopeing things work out for the better.

Good luck Elle!

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Good luck Elle!
    Thanks! god knows i'm going to need it. The supervisors and the other employees are already testing my patience and sanity. But I don't like to think of myself as a quitter, so I'm going to power through this. It hopefully will be better once my training period is over.