Page 116 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1396

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Austin, I hope you are able to get the tests that you need done. Some doctors are shady and some insurance companies are bullshit, so here's hoping you have good coverage and caring and capable doctors.

AG, I'm glad that your physical therapy is working out. But yikes, reading about your foot popping made me cringe!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay - All you ailing Borderers - best of luck and hope you all are up and about soon.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Well I'm an absolute bonehead. I didn't complete the application, so that's why I haven't heard anything about the Amazon job. I talked to the guy at the temp agency and it only took him like five minutes before Amazon got a hold of him with the rest of the application for me. The fact that they almost immediately contacted him back means they still are in need of workers. And the only thing I didn't fill out was a criminal background check. I've never broken the law in my life, so my criminal history is non-existent. Well, unless they count not paying child support on time.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

AG and Austin I hope you both get positive answers to your health issues as soon as possible. It can't be easy waiting around.

Elle I'm really rooting for you with the Amazon Job. Sounds like you will love it, Good luck. Did you get your accomodation issue sorted?

We are back in lockdown until at least 5th March and even then the Government are not promising much in terms of reopening. Everywehre bar anything thats absolutely essential is closed. Schools, colleges, any shops except food and medicine, restaurants (open for delivery only) hair and beauty setvices etc, and we cant move outside 5km of home unless for an essential reason. So I'm back delivering classes online for the forseeable future. We are hoping to get back to at least teach our 'exam' classes in person soon but until case numbers drop its a no-go. Roll on the vaccine!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

GA, accommodation? ... sorry, It's been a very long week and I am a bit sleep deprived, thanks to everything going on. My brain is not processing that big word. I keep getting an "error 404" sign pop up in my head when I try to think of what that word means. I had to google it.

Yes, the property manager came over and checked out the house and it's a very big possibility that he'll let us stay a bit longer. However, I'm still planning on getting my own place. I'm just really hoping and praying that I get this job.

So I went to another job interview yesterday. This time for a dietary aide position at a retirement home in Woods Cross, which is a little community just a bit north of where I live. and the job would only be for four hours, six days a week. I actually really want this job because this is what I'm used to doing. My last legit job was as a dietary aide. So I know the ins and outs of a nursing home kitchen. What's funny is that I had got on the wrong bus and had to walk down a block to get to the right bus stop. As I was walking past an elementary school, I randomly started singing softly Peaceful Easy Feeling to myself. When I saw the mascot of the school, I laughed out loud. The marquee said "Orchard elementary, home of the Eagles"

BTW, the interview went well. It sounded like the head of dietary (who looked like a kid! he looked younger than 17. In actuality he probably was 25) was really impressed that I knew how to work in a professional kitchen. And it also sounded like he was in desperate need of help. So I'm hoping to whichever deity may be listening, that I get this job. I'll know by Friday.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Elle did you get any word back from the job Elle?

This night 14 years ago I discovered the Border and Glennsallnighter was born!! What fun I have had, met so many new friends both online and in real life. Heres to many more years on this great platform!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Elle did you get any word back from the job Elle?

This night 14 years ago I discovered the Border and Glennsallnighter was born!! What fun I have had, met so many new friends both online and in real life. Heres to many more years on this great platform!
    14 years? That's awesome!

Not yet. I'm trying not to think the worst, but when you live with depression, it's hard not to. Being here on the Border, and listening to music is helping me not think about it too much. I'm going to call the guy from the temp agency on Thursday and see what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post

Congrats, GA! 💗

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

So, It's been a while since I sent in the background check for the amazon job. The company website said it would take 14 days to review it. And it's been 16 days since then. This is so nerve wracking, with everything else going on. My roommates are still trying to pack all their crap up, even though we were given a year window. And that in itself is cause for chaos and arguments. I can't do anything right now about getting my GED/HSD because of all the testing centers closed due to the virus. The only good thing right now is my physical therapist thinking that I have progressed in therapy enough that I can hold a normal 8 to 9 hour shift job. Plus I have family drama back in California. Then this major storm slamming most of the united states is just too much.
    *sigh*
    All I need right now is a cold beer, a doobie, good friends, and a cruise down a dark desert highway.

Sorry, y'all for this rant. I needed a safe place to vent.