Page 127 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1395

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

GA - Glad to hear from you and hope you enjoy your week off. Between my sick sister, my sick dog, and Covid, this has been a challenging year for me, for sure. However, my sister has finished her initial treatment and her cancer is now in remission. She still has to have monthly immune therapy sessions for a year, but we are hopeful that she will soon be able to resume some of her normal activities. Smuggler had a rough time in September, but with some adjustments to his meds, he seems to be stable for now. Sure looking forward to a better 2022 for all.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

GA, thank you for the kind words and Dreamer, I'm happy to hear about your sister, glad her cancer is in remission.

Lately, it has not been a happy time for me. Usually, I love Halloween season. But the tension in my house with the roommates is almost to a boiling point. Or actually I should say just the one roommate, as the mother knows I'm upset and tries to talk to me every now and then. And the child is so self-absorbed that if it doesn't concern her she doesn't care. I have been working almost non-stop for two weeks just to be away from the house. I'm seriously considering signing up for emergency housing.

I applied for a housing voucher, and hopefully I can get a unit in this apartment that they have on their website. I told them I am low income and disabled, which is two out of the three types of people they cater to, the third being seniors. They work with Section 8 and, fingers crossed, I can plead my case and get help. I really hope and pray to the powers that be that I get approved.

I'm sorry if I'm flooding this thread but this is pretty much the only place I can go to talk about this. Apparently the housing voucher did not go through. So I have to talk to someone either over the phone or in person. I really don't want to do it, but I am seriously considering asking the church for help. It feels like I am in quicksand and I can't get out. I honestly don't know what to do.

It's been a long time since I've been in this thread!

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles, Elle. I hope things get better for you sooner rather than later.

----

I ended up having cataract surgery on my only seeing eye in October.

I went down to St. Louis first to make sure it wasn't an optic nerve or retina issue and it wasn't and my symptoms were all in fact from my posterior subcapsular cataract. It was a 3+, which is the worst it can be. It's due to my years of chronic steroids that I need for adrenal insufficiency. My left eye is blind as the optic nerve never formed in that eye (optic nerve hypoplasia/septo-optic dysplasia). I have a 3+ cataract in that eye too but it's hidden in the back and so it's not needing to come out even for cosmetic appearance. It was nervewracking to have surgery on my only good eye but this year my vision went from 20/30 down to 20/70 corrected, so it was time to make the move to surgery. I put it off. I started noticing a lot of trouble last year but I put it off. This year I couldn't see things my dad with glaucoma could see! The haloes and glare were bad, the blurriness was bad, and I just had to take that risk. I was waiting for that perfect risk to benefit ratio to be skewed in favor of the benefits. Surgery went well and I can see a lot better! I go for my 6 week follow-up tomorrow and I can finally get a new prescription for glasses! They corrected my nearsightedness at the same time but I have to have reading glasses for up close now. It's a tradeoff that I'm willing to deal with.

Life is pretty stressful right now. My family and I are moving to a new home in the Spring and selling our current house. Our new house is being built right now on a lot in a neighboring town. We will have neighbors for the first time, but we will be in a good location and we've introduced ourselves already and feel comfortable about the subdivision. It's out in the country but yet closer to town for anything we need be it gas, food, groceries, etc. I finally can see the light at the end of the tunnel. We've been talking about this move for years and I always didn't like it because it reminded me of how old everyone is getting and the fact that both my dad and I need a house with disability accommodations and one level only. Life is also stressful because I'm still pretty worried about my health and COVID and staying safe but I yearn for connection and things to do. I'm pretty isolated and I want it to be that way until we get more people vaccinated and the risk of dying drops. I'm so vulnerable with my health but my mental health is taking a beating with anxiety and my typical yearly wintertime blues that I always get. I'm hoping for a better 2022 for all!

Hope everyone stays safe and healthy. Have a great Thanksgiving!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Thank you, Austin. It means a lot.

And I am really happy to hear that your surgery went well, and good luck with your move!

I talked to some of my other co-workers about what's going on and one said he would give me a weekend job of helping him with his DJ business and another said she rents out the extra rooms in her house and she would let me know if one became available. So the future is not as bleak as it would seem. I am a bit leery about living with roommates after this fiasco, but it's better than being on the street.

So now I just have to focus on work and saving up my money.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm glad your housing situation is improving Elle and that you feel more confident about life at the moment. Never worry about letting off a bit of steam here, we are here to help you if we can and sometimes a burden shared is a burden halved.

Austin good luck with the move - I hope your new home is a success for you and your family. Glad to hear that your eyes are improved too. Mine are going downhill - I cannot read the text on a computer or newspaper unaided and even then I find long posts tedious. My hubby said he will get me a Golden Retriever for Christmas!!

Things are very busy here as I am managing 2 homes, working fulltime and trying to prepare for Christmas. We get our holidays on the 22nd and it can't come soon enough!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Aww, thank you GA. I truly feel like a lot of my fellow borderers here are some of my most cherished online friends, even if I've known you guys for only a year. I know I'll get honest answers and advice when I need it. Love you guys to the moon and back.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to make a quick post to say that after 5 and 1/2 years, I have finally finished my Bachelor’s of Science Degree in History and Government. I also survived a bout with Covid. I've also just started a part time job at a local county library. Grad school is on the horizon for 2022 or 2023 (just depends upon if the job turns into a bigger one). Life and my health continues to be hectic. Hope everyone is doing well.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

CONGRATULATIONS AG!!!

You should be very proud of yourself in the persistence and determination you had in achieving this goal. Good luck in the future pursuit of your dreams!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016