Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
Take care, Austin. I'll be thinking of you!

Had my second cataract surgery two weeks ago. Now all that remains is a final check-up next week and eye drops for two more weeks. The weirdest thing about this whole deal is that I am no longer near-sighted. I don't think my brain has wrapped itself around that yet. And, the halos at night aren't fun, but they're subsiding somewhat. All went well... I am fine.
Glad to hear it went well, CA!

I *hate* not being near sighted! I went through the same change after my cataract surgery last October. I have to use glasses to eat food off of a plate, let alone my phone or computer LOL! I always liked wearing glasses for distance, and being able to use them for everything without having to take them on and off like reading glasses or wear bifocals. Now, I'm using bifocals and while I'm slowly adjusting, I still miss my nearsightedness. Everything I do is up close with a screen of some kind, or a guitar, and I miss my nearsightedness. People pay money to fix it when they are young with LASIK and I'm like what?!?! I always saw it as an asset/benefit. I have a distance monofocal lens.

Also, my cataracts were causing haloes at night and went away with surgery! Very weird how it affects different people. I had posterior subcapsular cataracts from years of steroids I have to take for adrenal insufficiency. Those cataracts form right where the light enters the eye. There are three different places in the eye to get cataracts, but all are treated the same exact way. Being blind in one eye, I only had the right eye fixed. It was so nervewracking to have it done on my only good eye, and while I do miss nearsightedness, it was the right decision. Having only one eye and not being able to see much out of it with a grade 3 cataract was my breaking point to finally have it done.