Congrats AG and to Brooke's grandson!

If you all remember, I posted on here in December about a friend of mine who's dealing with severe depression. Things had been better for a while, and then suddenly, around the beginning of March, it all went downhill. Reaching him became virtually impossible. If I call him, he rejects the call. It takes a text saying something that sounds rather crazy and frantic to get him to call me, and even then that's after weeks of effort. One of the rare times I was able to get him to call me, he thanked me for my persistence and sounded overwhelmed that would make that much effort, and assured me it was nothing personal, and to keep being persistent. He has ADHD as well and isnt taking his medication, which makes this so much harder. He was a very extraverted person before and what I hear when I speak to him disturbs me greatly - things like he want to be alone, he doesn't check his phone for days etc. I recognize this is depression and I've been willing to sound like a frantic lunatic to get him to talk to me, if that helps. But now, I just found out that he will be leaving in 2 weeks to spend 3 months with relatives in Europe. I don't know if I'll be able to reach him there and even if I can, I don't know if I should keep trying, if he wants to be left alone. I worry though that something will happen to him and I will never know -his family doesn't know me and therefore wouldn't tell me if it did. He won't get therapy, at least not yet, and I know I can't fix this, so I've just been trying to make myself available and draw him out and let him know I'm always there for him. Anyway, I should get back to work here, I just had to vent. Thanks to you all for listening!