Page 138 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140 LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1396

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Thank you, WF. It certainly hasn't been easy!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Hope everyone is keeping well. We are in the last few weeks of our school tem here in Ireland and looking forward to the summer holidays. It has been a very busy year but on a positive note I got 2 promotions (nothing for 25 years then 2 almost together. I hope everyone is living their best life out there! Love to you all.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Glad you checked in GA. And a huge congrats on your promotions. Now go and enjoy your summer!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Congrats, GA! I'm glad they finally realized your worth!

Congratulations also to all graduating this month!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Congrats GA. I'm happy for you. Hope you are well!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Just an update on me. Things have been going mostly ok around here.

My dad had hip replacements, one in January and one at the beginning of this month. He is doing well. Probably not too many sons beat their dad to getting their hips replaced but I had both of mine done in 2015, one in August and one in November. What's even better is we both had the same surgeon. The surgeon told us while he had done hips in really young people (I was 27), he had never done the son before the dad! I'm used to being the outlier though when it comes to medical issues. Such is the life of living with rare conditions.

My mental health struggles have been picking back up but that's to be expected. I tend to ebb and flow between feeling pretty happy and not so happy. Right now I'm the latter but I'm still seeking newer treatments and have had mixed results. My physical health is kind of a mess also. My neck has really been hurting me the last couple years and in the last year my range of motion has really gone downhill so I had an MRI which showed a lot of issues so I'm seeing a spine surgeon in August to talk about options. Of course that stuff compounds the mental health struggles.

I'm really needing a vacation or getaway and to get back to more things. While no longer staying at home whenever possible, I'm still not up to my usual activities post-pandemic. I really need to get back with the guys and play some live shows again. I know they have been playing again for about a year now and I just need to get my head on straight about doing it again and rejoin them. I also need to just play more guitar period. I feel like even during the stay at home phase of COVID from 2020-2021, I wasn't playing as much guitar and I should have been by myself. I mean I was at home that entire time with nothing else to do but rather I binged Netflix and was on my computer and I just need to get my chops back up and shake the rust off. Learn some new songs, relearn songs I know, and just play. I did go with my grandparents to Florida in April and that was much needed. I still feel like I need to do more of that though to make up for lost time. I know I feel a lot safer now post-vaccine than I did so I need to be like Nike and just do it!

Hope everyone is doing well and is having a great summer!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yes Austin - PLEASE get back to playing music. I know how much you love it and I'm sure it will lift your spirits!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Yes Austin - PLEASE get back to playing music. I know how much you love it and I'm sure it will lift your spirits!
    Thank you, Dreamer! I know I need to do it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Hey all, long time no hear from.
    First of all, I am so heartbroken over Randy's passing. I know, I know. He was old and his health has not been the best the past few years. But it still hurts.
    At least he will live on in music and in the hearts of his friends, family, and fans.

So...
    what's been going on with me?
    I honestly do not remember the last time I was on here. so I'll just start at the top. The first few months of the year consisted of two things: snow and work. It snowed well into spring here, the last day being my birthday (of course). I got so sick of snow, that now that it's summer, I'm really trying not to complain about the heat. I've been working so much in the past couple of months, it's been crazy. Sadly I am not working Usana Amphitheatre this year because my company has been dropped by Live Nation, who runs the show there. Instead we have the Sandy Amphitheatre, which is cool, still have yet to work a shift there. The shifts get swooped up real quick. A big plus this year has been the addition of the Salt Lake Bees triple A baseball, (which is so much fun to work) and the RSL soccer games (which are ok, except last time I was there I nearly passed out from heat stroke!). I'd like to give a big middle finger to the person that suggested we switch from khaki to BLACK pants for our uniforms, not a smart idea in the summer heat.
    On the home front, I'm still in the traditional housing hotel. I got a call a few days ago, from one of the apartments I had applied for back in early 2022. I asked them to keep me on their waitlist as I still don't feel quite confident about my credit score and my pay rate to try and apply just yet.

Health wise, my depression seems to be doing ok, the anxiety is not any better, though. Getting my meds is a constant struggle. And then back in June I not only severely pulled a muscle in my shoulder, but just two weeks before that, I sprained my ankle! Never had that happen before, so that was fun.
    Thankfully, they don't hurt as bad anymore. I have been having memory loss episodes that has me scared. I talked to my therapist about it and he thinks it might be medication related. So he said if it doesn't get better by the next time we meet, he will give me suggestions about how to deal with it. I see him in a week or so, so we shall see.

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of my Grandma's death, and today she would've turned 92. So that has been weighing heavily on my mind. I still feel guilty about not having visited her more.
    My sister is having issues with her boyfriend, so there is a steady stream of drama from back in California, getting messaged to me on Facebook. I was always the voice of reason growing up, and apparently still am.

If you've made it this far, Congratulations! You get a cookie!
    Just kidding. Hope I made y'all smile on this sad day.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Hey everyone,

I'm still working the library job I got immediately after graduating from college. I'm about to apply to another county library tomorrow to work part-time there while continuing my current job (the hours will line up well, and I was informed of the position before they made it public). If I get it, I'll be working around 32 hours a week.

I also applied to graduate school at 2 different universities in state. I got into both, but my health and finances/lack of funding prevented me from attending this upcoming year. I'm currently undergoing immunoglobulin infusions to help me stay healthy, so I can eventually further my education and work full-time. Hopefully, I'll get this other job, so I can start saving for the cost of attendance to other schools.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time