Page 117 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1396

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Hope you hear from Amazon soon, Elle.

My college has managed to stay open for four weeks now, so I believe my last semester should remain fully in person. I managed to find an internship working with my college, so I will now graduate with my Bachelor’s in May instead of July! I'm now contemplating about where to go and what to do for my post grad studies. I have a very solid GPA (3.69, should be a 3.73, if I make all As this semester), with a well rounded CV, so I hope to get some funding for my master's degree.

In other news, I have been fighting a nasty tooth infection for the past month. It spread into my face. Having a tooth pulled and 3 rounds of antibiotics hasn't killed it yet. Not to mention stupid insurance and dentists who won't take it. If a very kind and caring professor of mine hadn't stepped up and graciously told me to get it taken care of no matter what the cost, I'd be in agony until April. I've got to call the dentist in the morning to see about pulling another tooth that is still hurting. This infection has interfered with my studies so much.

I go back Wednesday for a check up on my left foot. It's gotten allot stronger, but it's still not as strong as it should be. We'll discuss the next course of action.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Sorry to hear about your dental problems, AG. I do hope you can get some kind of help with that. I've had infections like that before and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

I got the job! i got the job! i got the job! I start working at Amazon on Wednesday night! WOOHOO!

Quote Originally Posted by Elle81 View Post
    I got the job! i got the job! i got the job! I start working at Amazon on Wednesday night! WOOHOO!
    Yay! Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Yay! Congratulations!
    Thanks!

Great news, 81!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Hope you hear from Amazon soon, Elle.

My college has managed to stay open for four weeks now, so I believe my last semester should remain fully in person. I managed to find an internship working with my college, so I will now graduate with my Bachelor’s in May instead of July! I'm now contemplating about where to go and what to do for my post grad studies. I have a very solid GPA (3.69, should be a 3.73, if I make all As this semester), with a well rounded CV, so I hope to get some funding for my master's degree.

In other news, I have been fighting a nasty tooth infection for the past month. It spread into my face. Having a tooth pulled and 3 rounds of antibiotics hasn't killed it yet. Not to mention stupid insurance and dentists who won't take it. If a very kind and caring professor of mine hadn't stepped up and graciously told me to get it taken care of no matter what the cost, I'd be in agony until April. I've got to call the dentist in the morning to see about pulling another tooth that is still hurting. This infection has interfered with my studies so much.

I go back Wednesday for a check up on my left foot. It's gotten allot stronger, but it's still not as strong as it should be. We'll discuss the next course of action.
    Hang in there, 95! Hoping for your success!!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    Great news, 81!
    Thanks!
    Although, sometimes I question my own decision making and think, boy I sure am not the brightest spark plug in the bunch. I went on a bike ride up a massive hill yesterday and now my quad muscles are on fire. And I'm trying to reset my internal clock to get use to working night shift. So, while my body is screaming at me right now to go to sleep, I have to keep it awake. But its worth it, the full time night shift pays waay more than the part time day that they also offered me.

AG95: good luck with your internship. One factor that weighed in my decision for grad school was that it would be out of state, for the experience of living somewhere else. The drawback unfortunately is that it can be pretty costly. Hopefully your tooth infection goes away soon.

Thanks!
    Although, sometimes I question my own decision making and think, boy I sure am not the brightest spark plug in the bunch. I went on a bike ride up a massive hill yesterday and now my quad muscles are on fire. And I'm trying to reset my internal clock to get use to working night shift. So, while my body is screaming at me right now to go to sleep, I have to keep it awake. But its worth it, the full time night shift pays waay more than the part time day that they also offered me.
    Good to hear you got the job, Elle81! Congrats!

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Thanks, Delilah!