Page 1 of 140 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default What's Happening In Your Life?

On a more serious note, will ya'll keep a little guy named Xurion in your thoughts and prayers, please. He's only a little over a year old, and he's believed to be fighting bacterial meningitis, but the doctors aren't quite sure. He's currently in critical, but stable condition in an ICU unit in Atlanta. Right now, his survival rate is about 50%. I've known his mother since we were toddlers.

There's a Facebook page for him.
    https://m.facebook.com/Prayersforxurion/
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Best wishes for Xurion.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Sending prayers for Xurion. That's so sad.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

I can't say that I've ever had the experience of having a bad professor, but my College experience is still in the starting stages, relatively speaking. I wish you the best with all of that.

My new semester starts tomorrow. As always, I have mixed feelings for a variety of reasons. I appreciate any opportunities to get out and about—I am taking 3 classes which are held on two days of the week. I am also *slightly* anxious about the possibility of meeting that lady I was really fond of in the Winter/Spring semester earlier this year. In thinking that this last, Summer semester really would be my last at Tech School(and knowing we'd share no classes this go-around), I rather ham-fistedly gave her a couple of parting gifts--Left them in the classroom for her when I was registering for new classes. One was a multi-coloured wool cap that someone with whom I'm no longer friends had passed along to me a couple of years back(when we were still friends, of course). The other was a Gideon's Bible. While I can't imagine that the former would have gone poorly, I'm almost dead certain the latter one did. Granted, I have no regrets in the least about giving her either one. Still, I'm a little nervous about the prospect of facing her again, for that reason and for the fact that I generally get highly anxious when I'm around pretty women.

Looking at area colleges still. My lateness to the admissions game last semester is ultimately why I'm doing one final round of Tech School these next few months. Navigating that whole thing is a real chore, but I am trying my best. It's important.

A couple of months back, I was given a job opportunity with a fairly low-key lawn care outfit. Though I hadn't much experience in weed-eating, I did fairly well with the tasks at hand(according to the manager, that is). On the whole, it was a lot of fun and it paid well. However, a couple of days later, the manager, after previously talking up my prospects, told me that we 'needed to talk' the next day, presumably about my job future. I didn't hear back the next day, and, over the course of the next week-and-a-half, he ignored two texts from me asking what he had wanted to tell me and if he any longer required my services. I have NO clue what happened, and it is incredibly bothersome. To say that I haven't been inclined in the slightest to try finding other work in these past 2 months is an understatement. I guess I'll have to get out there again sometime and continue looking for work, though I often feel that people just take one look at me and decide that they're not hiring me.

Well, that's a window into my life for everyone. I wish all of you the very best in all you're doing.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Good luck to all you students and teachers going back to school/college.

Also, prayers for those in need.

We got my son and his family moved to their new home 2 weekends ago, after much painting and remodeling the week before. Last week then, I spent mostly trying to get our own house back in order besides some kind of appointment every day. A sigh of relief now and a quiet house when I get home! Never a dull moment with a two year old around!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

WS, I hope your first week of college went well.

Lol, Brooke.

Thanks for the prayers for Xurion. As of this morning, he appears to have won the battle for his life, but it will be a long and slow road to recovery.

The weird professor seems to have toned it down some, so I'm glad for that.

I made the mistake of putting college before my health, and I'm paying the price for it. I've got a nasty infection (UTI). I first noticed it a few weeks ago, but with college being 30-60 minutes away from my doctor's office, I didn't have the time to go. I finally made it to my doctor this afternoon after developing a 101 degree fever. I have to go back in 3 weeks to make sure the infection is completely gone.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Get well soon. Best wishes for your studies for all students here.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Hope you're feeling better soon AG too.

Best of luck to all the students too. I start up my next college class on Monday. Hoping too that this will be my final year finally as if things go as planned as should be graduating at some point next year (depending on how many classes I can take at a time). LOL It's taken so long but I'm getting towards the end.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

School starts Wendsday. Anyone going to see AXl/DC this year?
    Have some family staying over my dad is from Italy so it's my cousins from Bologna.

Side note does anyone think that for a Board this is unusually tame compared to bands like GNR AC/DC. I guess it's because there are more ladies on here