Page 135 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1395

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm sorry you have to deal with so much, Austin. Hang in there! Big hugs to you. I'll be thinking about you and sending prayers and love.
    Thanks so much, Soda.

WF
    So much to deal with. I saw you said how listen to the music help. I like to listen to Joe speaking at the Ohio AA meeting. For some reason I find it relaxing. While I did have the alcohol problem in the 70's -90's and at times couldn't remember driving home from Hollywood sometimes who I saw. It was almost like it went with the music scene
    I find listening Joe just talking openly about all his problems, sometimes with some humor and other times very serious really helps me keep it together. It's like just hearing the sound of his voice helps. I quit drinking in 1990, but it's something you live with and have to watch for the rest of your life. As I'm sure you have to do too
    I'm not that good with putting words down so I hope you get my meaning
    I pray you keep fighting. Power and Strength to you.
    Bonnie (Scamp)

PS here's the link in case you want to listen to him I know I've posted it here but save you looking for it

https://fstrecovery.com/2020/07/16/e...ng-aa-speaker/

WalshFan, I'm so sorry to hear about what you've been going through. I used to work with someone who also had a hard time finding a balance of medication for different conditions. After a few months her doctors found something that worked for her and she's doing much better now. Sending good thoughts your way - I hope things get better for you soon!

I haven't been on here much lately...I've developed tendonitis in my arm/elbow and typing can be really painful sometimes. I watched Almost Famous tonight and realized how much I miss talking to you all! I hope everyone here is doing well.

groupie2686
    I know your pain. I had it in my left elbow, and I'm right handed. Hit my elbow every time I pushed a door open, couldn't even raise my hand and push my glasses up. Funny thing was it didn't bother me riding my motorcycle but I couldn't bring my hand up to unzip my jacket. I could carry things with my left arm but couldn't lift with it. It really affected my first three fingers and my thumb. Work related so they sent me to the doctor and he gave me a cortisone shot twice and didn't work. He told me when I find the exact spot mark it with a pen and call him. I did and he got me in right away and gave me another shot. It hit the spot and I could feel it right away. It was almost instant relief. 25+ years later and still no problems. Have you tried cortisone? Hope you get better. I know how painful it can be. "Tennis elbow" without playing tennis.
    If I known then what I know now, I would had a hell of a lot more fun. Get better...

Hey, Groupie! Hope your arm is on the mend! I've missed you, too! And I also hope everyone is OK. So many long time regulars have been missing. Sometimes days with nary a post. Wishing everyone well, and hope life's downers and challenges soon pass!

I will always be your friend
    You are not alone
    ---Glenn
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    WalshFan, I'm so sorry to hear about what you've been going through. I used to work with someone who also had a hard time finding a balance of medication for different conditions. After a few months her doctors found something that worked for her and she's doing much better now. Sending good thoughts your way - I hope things get better for you soon!

I haven't been on here much lately...I've developed tendonitis in my arm/elbow and typing can be really painful sometimes. I watched Almost Famous tonight and realized how much I miss talking to you all! I hope everyone here is doing well.
    Hi Groupie - Missed you ! Hope your elbow is starting to feel better. I have suffered from "tennis elbow" too. Hurts like anything. I have had cortisone shots(not for the elbow though) and they worked well for me. Fell better !

Austin, I have not been here very often lately, so I hope that you are feeling better and your doctors have been able to find medications that are working for you.

Thanks everyone! I haven't had a cortisone shot yet - I heard it can damage the tendon long term - but I'm getting to the point where I'm willing to try it. It's my right arm and I'm right handed so it makes even everyday things painful sometimes. Thanks for the good thoughts everyone!

Groupie - I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with that. Before I had both my hips replaced I had to try a steroid injection in each of them first. The first set lasted a month or so, the second did nothing and we went on to surgery. Thank you for the kind words.

NKIT - Thank you very much. I'm still in a low spot but I'm "maintaining" as best as I can. I'm definitely not as low as I was, but I still feel somedays of the week that living isn't worth it anymore. My folks and my family keep me around.

Hello Everyone!
    Long time no hear from, huh?

Life Update: Boy is it good to be back on the border! It's been a crazy couple of months. I was able to get into a transitional housing hotel and I'm there for six months. and after those six months, my case is reevaluated and if I pass with flying colors I can stay longer. My biggest problem with getting my own place has been my credit, which I am slowly working on fixing. I am very grateful for this place and the manager and other tenants are super nice.

Work is going very well. I am working a lot of conventions and concerts and thankfully because it's now Fall, collegiate sport is back. So I will be working a bunch of football for both U of U and BYU.

My health is ok. I have been going to see a therapist who has been incredibly helpful. He put me on meds to combat my depression and anxiety, and it's been hit or miss with them. The fires in the west have made my asthma worse. But thankfully I have rescue inhalers and am still on Advair to help me breathe without asphyxiating, Lol.

I was a bit sad to hear the Fastlane facebook page is ending, however I quickly joined the facebook group "Eagles appreciation group" that L and M started, and it's been a nice substitute.

I have missed you all here on the border, I hope everyone is well. I don't have wifi where I am, but luckily the library is literally on the next corner. So I'll be coming here quite a bit and keep y'all updated.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Great to hear that things are going well for you Elle, I hope they continue to do so.

Austin, hang in there. Are you having an Ausfest this year?

I had a good summer, with holidays in Palermo in Italy (for a friends wedding) and then spending chunks of time in our holiday home in Galway. But as always it went Waaay too fast.
    My kids are all grown up now. I'm no longer engaged with Secondary School as a parent as my Son did his leaving Cert in June and is ready to go to Pilot college in 2023.
    So I'm back at work for another year. Its funny how the work always expands to fit the time available to it but the time never seems to expand to fit the work that has to be done. Hopefully another 5 or so years should see me through to retirement so I'm trying to get my 'pension ducks' in a row!!

Hope everyone else here is doing well!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP