Page 137 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1395

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

I used to be really chatty here, but life has kind of gotten in the way. I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately.

For the past few months, we've been talking and researching and have decided , that after being back in California for 5 years, it's time to move back to Vermont. Our daughter is there, and is going through some stuff. She has a great husband, but needs her Mom & Dad.
    We're going to buy a house because rents are so high everywhere. This will be only the 2nd house we have ever bought. The first one was over 30 years ago!!
    Our living situatiion right now is really no bueno. We are renting from my sister and are isolated in the desert. The closest affordable grocery store is over an hour away. The dust storms are awful and the water is poisoned with arsenic.
    But it's for real now. We put a deposit down for the movers who will be coming on May 26th.
    Thankfully, we'll be able to see Raincross Drive one more time in February and say goodbye to friends.

We love California. It is our true home, but we just can't anymore. We can check out anytime, but we can never leave...and never will.

Hey, MJ, good to hear from you! I understand how your decision was difficult. But if you feel moving is something you need to do, I don't think you'll regret doing so. I hope your daughter's difficulties are soon resolved, and you can simply enjoy one another.
    Although not the best circumstances; due to your current living arrangement, etc., certainly there will be many ways the move will be a blessing to you.
    So glad you'll get to see your bud, Kelly, and his band again, and say goodbye to friends. You never know, your road may lead back to California someday!
    I hope your ticker is doing well now! Better get checked before the arduous trip cross country! Let us hear from you!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

MJ - ditto to everything FF said. Hope your move goes smoothly and keep us posted.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Sorry for the late reply, MJ, but best wishes on your move. I just visited California over Christmas break and woah, is it crazy expensive there! I'm sure your daughter will be so glad you have you closer. Good luck in Vermont!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

MJ - good luck on your move. I am sure things will work out. I know how crazy expensive it is in Cali. I have cousins who live there and a couple have moved(Texas & Az.) because it is so expensive there. I am happy to hear you will be able to see RD one more time before you move. I have been to Vermont and it is a beautiful state. Good luck on the move and take care. Let us know how things work out.

Good luck with the move MJ! I know a lot of people who have moved to my area from CA and other west coast states because it's so expensive there.

I'm sorry I haven't been on here much. I sprained my wrist right before Thanksgiving and between that and the tendonitis in my arm that I already had, typing or using the phone is really painful. Its my right wrist & arm and I'm right handed, so it's hard to not be using it. A day of computer use at work is so painful at the end of the day, so I try not to use a computer or phone as much as possible the rest of the time. It's an injury to the tfcc, has anyone had an experience with that? I've been told it takes several months to heal.

Stuck on the Border

Hi Groupie - I am so sorry to hear about your sprained wrist. Wishing you a quick recovery.
    I sprained my left wrist years ago and it took forever to heal. I had to use a wrist brace and it was difficult to type all day long. I have CTS in both wrists and was supposed to have the surgery for my left hand and than Covid hit and the surgery was called off. I have had tennis elbow for years(left elbow) and that hurts like hell when it acts up. I have to use the elbow brace then. Jezz, it sucks getting older !

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

About 8 - 10 years ago, I was having problems with a very painful right knee, a bone spur at the back of my heel, and, also, my wrists and arms. After several treatments and cortisone shots, I was told that surgery was my last resort. I went home and did some research and found that physical therapy might be an option. When I asked the orthopedist about it, his exact words were "Well, we can try it out and see." So that's what I did - it took several months of therapy, but by strengthening my muscles, it eventually worked. I still do some of the exercises I learned in therapy to this day and have remained pain-free ever since. Definitely worth checking out. It sure made a believer out of me.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Question Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Thanks, all! I've been to physical therapy for my arm tendonitis but I might have to go for my wrist too. I was told not to move my wrist but how do you not do that - so many every day things like doing dishes, turning door knobs, clearing snow off my car, etc can make it flare up again just when it starts to feel better. It's so frustrating!

MJ - best of luck with the move! Good to see you.

Groupie - so sorry to hear about your wrist. As someone who is no stranger to health issues I sympathize with you. They can take it out of you.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."