Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
Elle, I'm glad your sister is better, and hope she continues to improve.

Have you checked into government housing? I have friends in different types, and they're not all bad. These people are working, single, and without children, but still qualify. You should check with your local office. Even if you don't qualify for subsidized rental, you could qualify for a home. They might could steer you to other affordable options, if not. When she was young, my mother went to a large house where an elderly widow lived alone, and asked if she would consider renting out a room for a small amount + help around the house, and she got it!

But, maybe another area is more suitable to where you are right now. You may do some research on other areas, and what other work/living arrangements are available elsewhere. Just remember whatever you get is a stepping stone toward something better that is meant for you! Good Luck.
Thanks, FF. I have been calling and talking to a lot of people, and have gotten on some lists for government subsidies, and affordable housing waitlists. I think my best bet is to find a place that doesn't require credit checks.