Page 133 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1396

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Elle, I'm glad your sister is better, and hope she continues to improve.

Have you checked into government housing? I have friends in different types, and they're not all bad. These people are working, single, and without children, but still qualify. You should check with your local office. Even if you don't qualify for subsidized rental, you could qualify for a home. They might could steer you to other affordable options, if not. When she was young, my mother went to a large house where an elderly widow lived alone, and asked if she would consider renting out a room for a small amount + help around the house, and she got it!

But, maybe another area is more suitable to where you are right now. You may do some research on other areas, and what other work/living arrangements are available elsewhere. Just remember whatever you get is a stepping stone toward something better that is meant for you! Good Luck.
    Thanks, FF. I have been calling and talking to a lot of people, and have gotten on some lists for government subsidies, and affordable housing waitlists. I think my best bet is to find a place that doesn't require credit checks.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle81 View Post
    Thanks, dude. I haven't found a place yet (found out that no one will rent to someone with no credit and no co-signer) , and tomorrow is move out day. I am going to stay with my current roommates just for the weekend to help them unpack. But then I'm going to stay in a hotel for at least a week. I'm going to ask my co-workers if they know anybody willing to sublet. I've also talked to my doctor and she once again is going to have someone from social services to try and help me.

And I talked to my sister earlier today and it sounds like she is almost back to her bratty self. She still has one kidney stone that hasn't passed, but her infection might be going away. When that happens, then the doctors can operate and get that stone out.
    I'm glad your sister is doing better! Wishing good luck with finding housing.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Well today is my birthday and I am typing this from a room at a very loud Motel 6. There are dogs barking and fighting all the time and the people in the next room over are constantly arguing. But at least I'm not on the street. I have the room for a week and then I don't know where I'll be. I hope I can get into some kind of emergency shelter.

Well today is my birthday and I am typing this from a room at a very loud Motel 6. There are dogs barking and fighting all the time and the people in the next room over are constantly arguing. But at least I'm not on the street. I have the room for a week and then I don't know where I'll be. I hope I can get into some kind of emergency shelter.
    Please take care and know that we are here if you need to talk.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Please take care and know that we are here if you need to talk.
    Thank you and I know I can always count on someone here to talk to. That's why I love y'all.

I was able to talk to a coworker and she agreed to let me stay at her house on Monday night. I did get a call back from an apartment that said they had a unit available and that they don't do co-signers. So I just need to ask the bank for a loan as my bank accounts are currently not high enough to afford the rent and application fee. And I'm going to go meet with the manager on Tuesday and fill out the proper application. Hopefully I'll get it.

Thank you and I know I can always count on someone here to talk to. That's why I love y'all.

I was able to talk to a coworker and she agreed to let me stay at her house on Monday night. I did get a call back from an apartment that said they had a unit available and that they don't do co-signers. So I just need to ask the bank for a loan as my bank accounts are currently not high enough to afford the rent and application fee. And I'm going to go meet with the manager on Tuesday and fill out the proper application. Hopefully I'll get it.
    Good to hear!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Best of luck with the Apartment Elle. I hope you got it.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

Today, we are driving 4 hours, back to my hometown region of the Inland Empire. We're staying at an Airbnb tonight, and tomorrow I am going to have a heart ablation procedure. For years I've had SVTs (tachycardia). I'm finally going to get it taken care of!!!
    But...the most exciting part, is tonight!!! Raincross Drive (our local band with Glenn's cousin, Kelly) is playing a free concert, and we'll be there!!

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    Today, we are driving 4 hours, back to my hometown region of the Inland Empire. We're staying at an Airbnb tonight, and tomorrow I am going to have a heart ablation procedure. For years I've had SVTs (tachycardia). I'm finally going to get it taken care of!!!
    But...the most exciting part, is tonight!!! Raincross Drive (our local band with Glenn's cousin, Kelly) is playing a free concert, and we'll be there!!

Hoping all went well for you, MJ! Here's to an easy and speedy recovery!👍
    So glad you had perfect timing and got to see Kelly and his group while there.😁
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post

MJ - Wishing you a quick recovery. So glad you were able to enjoy Raincross before your surgery. Take care.