Page 128 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1396

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Congratulations, Kim. It has been so good to see you grow .

That's awesome, AG! I'm so happy for you!

Had an eye exam today and found out I have nearsightedness and astigmatism in both eyes. But the doctor said my eyesight was actually pretty good, it's just hard for me to read things sometimes. I told him that I read all the time and that I used to have prescription reading lenses until I lost them. So he prescribed me some, now I just have to go to Walmart eye center and get a pair made. I am actually really stoked to get them because that means that I'll be able to go see a movie on the big screen or read for a long time and not have a migraine afterwards.

in other news, I'm going to be working a New Year's Eve dance tomorrow night! It's going to be so awesome!

Hey everyone! It's been a long time. Miss y'all. So much has been going on with everyone, and wish all an awesome New Years!! As for me, it's been busy with family stuff and life changes , reduce in my hours at work (it's all good), except for a loved one getting covid dispute being vaccinated. They experienced a sore throat which progressed to fever, cough, headache and severe tiredness. Not out of the woods yet, but could be been worse, and keep in positive. Glad to be back on the border

Quote Originally Posted by KingWalsh View Post
    Hey everyone! It's been a long time. Miss y'all. So much has been going on with everyone, and wish all an awesome New Years!! As for me, it's been busy with family stuff and life changes , reduce in my hours at work (it's all good), except for a loved one getting covid dispute being vaccinated. They experienced a sore throat which progressed to fever, cough, headache and severe tiredness. Not out of the woods yet, but could be been worse, and keep in positive. Glad to be back on the border
    So good to have you back, KW! Hope your (and everyone's) ailing loved ones improve. May all your life complications sort out for the better!
    I had a brother and family (all vaccinated) get Covid 2 weeks ago, but are all testing negative now.
    KW---I appreciate your keeping us updated. With all that's happening, I worry about folks on the board who seem to have disappeared. We do care about you!
    WF and Elle, hope that things continue to look up for you!
    Congrats, AG!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

AG - CONGRATULATIONS ! Wishing you all the success in the world as you pursue your Masters. Wishing you good health, happiness and a great New Year !

KW - Good to hear from you ! Happy to hear all is well ! Wishing you a Happy New Year !

I would like to wish all my Border friends a happy and healthy New Year.
    The way I look at it, 2022 can't get much worse than this year. It has been a terrible year and I am glad to see it go.
    Six ( 6 ) members of my family have Covid. They were all vaccinated and boosted. Thankfully, their symptoms are mild and they are starting to feel better. Doctor said Omicron is so contagious you just have to be near someone who has it to get it. Stay safe everyone !

Thanks, FF. I hope as well.

Well, the New Years "Dance" I worked last night was more of a Hip-hop/raver. The music, thankfully was not too loud and they surprised me a bit by playing some old school hip-hop from the 80s and 90s. So it wasn't terribly bad. I had to guard a door and make sure no one went out it, So I basically just sat and watched young adults get wasted and act a fool all night. The only gripe I had was this: the name of the party was "Ball Drop" and yet they showed no ball drop. Nothing, not even a digital clock on the big screen counting down. The crowd just relied on the DJs to tell them when it was midnight. So that was pretty lame.

But thanks to Facebook, I was able to watch the ball drop in Times Square when I got back to the house. Still beats staying at the house and dealing with my terrible roommates.

Hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve. Here's to 2022!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Glad to hear from you as well, KW. It's always good when some of our members check in after a long absence. Glad all is going well with you.

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I would like to wish all my Border friends a happy and healthy New Year. The way I look at it, 2022 can't get much worse than this year. It has been a terrible year and I am glad to see it go. Six ( 6 ) members of my family have Covid. They were all vaccinated and boosted. Thankfully, their symptoms are mild and they are starting to feel better. Doctor said Omicron is so contagious you just have to be near someone who has it to get it. Stay safe everyone !
    And NKIT I echo your sentiment 100%. Sending a virtual toast to all for a better 2022!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

I have a video consult with the cardiologist at Loma Linda tomorrow morning. I had a tachycardia episode a little over a week ago. I can usually take care of it with exercises, but my heart rate was up to 165bpm, and wouldn't slow down so I had Kevin take me to the ER. I will probably have to go down to Loma Linda Hospital for tests. I'm just hoping I can just take meds and not have to have a pacemaker or monitor put in.

So, to burn off stress energy today, I'm being very domestic by doing laundry, cleaning house, changing the bedding, and baking chocolate chip cookies.
    I might do some sewing or crocheting, too. And I'll be making a pot of chili for dinner. I have my playlist with my favorite 70's music on, so I'm dancing around the house a bit. Gotta keep my mind & body busy.

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    I have a video consult with the cardiologist at Loma Linda tomorrow morning. I had a tachycardia episode a little over a week ago. I can usually take care of it with exercises, but my heart rate was up to 165bpm, and wouldn't slow down so I had Kevin take me to the ER. I will probably have to go down to Loma Linda Hospital for tests. I'm just hoping I can just take meds and not have to have a pacemaker or monitor put in.

So, to burn off stress energy today, I'm being very domestic by doing laundry, cleaning house, changing the bedding, and baking chocolate chip cookies.
    I might do some sewing or crocheting, too. And I'll be making a pot of chili for dinner. I have my playlist with my favorite 70's music on, so I'm dancing around the house a bit. Gotta keep my mind & body busy.

Keeping good thoughts for you, Martha! My bff has a similar condition and she mostly controls it with medication. And, homemade chocolate chip cookies... yum! I don't make them because a lot of them don't even make it to the oven.

I had cataract surgery on my left eye last week. Everything went well, but I have to navigate with one eye focused, the other still needing glasses until February 22nd (surgery on my right eye). It is... interesting, to say the least. Got the left lens taken out of my regular glasses, but I didn't have them touch my monitor glasses. I may need to rectify that before this is all done.