Page 91 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by MarthaJo56 View Post
    We are preparing to move back home to Southern California!!! I'm so excited! We are almost packed up, picking up the truck in the morning and will be on the road tomorrow night after my hubby gets home from his last day of work.
    Oh, and I had a pesky elevated heart rate episode and spent 2 days in the hospital. I'm good now, though and ready to start our new adventure. Taking it to the limit!
    Bet you're in CA now! Hope all is well!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

CA - Good luck!

MarthaJo - Hoping your move goes well. Sorry to hear about your hospital visit.

-----

I'm doing pretty good. I'm actually in Florida again for a week, I got here yesterday and I'll be here until Tuesday next week and I'll be home Wednesday. I flew in, but will be doing a two day car ride back home with the grandparents and it's always exhausting but it's very doable. We always go through Gainesville on the way out of here, which reminds me of Don Felder and Tom Petty (RIP). I always snap a pic of the sign, lol. The health stuff has stabilized some, I'm following with a nephrologist to acutely monitor the renal/kidney functioning tests and the blood and protein. Here's hoping I don't have to get a kidney biopsy.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Have fun in Florida, Austin!

We now have two grandsons. The first is now 5 years old and quite the energetic little guy. Little man was born last October and is growing like a weed! They are so much fun!

I guess I should report that my daughter has opened her own restaurant in Columbia, Missouri! It's quite a feat for her and she's been planning it for several years. It finally made it to fruition! She has worked in the restaurant business since living in Austin several years ago and started watching the Food Network. She then went to the Cordon Blue Culinary School for a year to earn her chef's certification. When she moved back here she started her own catering business of gourmet tacos. She initially wanted a food truck, but the opportunity to run her own restaurant became available and she went for it. It's up and running and doing well through much hard work. I'm (we-Dad and I) are very proud of her accomplishment! If you ever make it to Columbia, check out Boss Taco downtown!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Congratulations and best of luck to your daughter, Brooke!

I quit the non-profit last week... still dealing with some residuals from that, but should be completely done in a few days. I wish them luck and prosperity, but they'll have to do it without me. Feels good, though... weird but good.

Getting ready to gear up for another few weeks of being really busy at work. Right now there's some breathing time and I am really liking that.

Take care, Austin! Have fun.

Stuck on the Border

Awe, Congratulations Brooke ! Good luck to your daughter - I hope her restaurant is a big success.
    Austin, have fun in Florida. And, I am too !

Brooke - Congrats to your daughter!

----

Thanks everyone!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Enjoy your time in Florida, Austin! Glad to hear you're doing better.

Brooke - have fun with your new little grandbabies!

CA - enjoy your break before the beginning of your new adventure.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Brooke, delighted to hear how well your daughter is doing. I think I saw some pics of the restaurant on FB. She is a very hard worker (like her parents) so she deserves to do well. And wonderful to hear how well the grandsons are doing too.

Austin enjoy your holiday in Florida and hope your health continues to stabilise.

CA, enjoy your break and best of luck in the next phase of your life.

Things are very busy on my end. Laura (AKA Timtot) will be 18 in 2 weeks and will be finishing up in school a month later. So between organising her party, preparing for graduation, and then having her State Exams (Leaving Certificate) at the start of June, there is hardly time to take a breather in my house. Christopher my son will also be doing his State exams this year (Junior Cert). In some ways its good to have both of them doing the State exams as there is some semblance of a study atmosphere for both of them, but OMG the STRESSSSSSS!!!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ga, oh my goodness, Timtot is 18? I cannot believe it! And your son all grown up too! It's impossible!

Best of luck to them both on their final exams this year! I'm sure it is very stressful for all of you! Hang in there!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks everyone!

GA - best of luck to your children!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger