Page 71 of 140 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Good luck, Austin.

I just got some good news today - I'm being promoted to Associate Professor!
    Congratulations! That's brilliant.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Soda, that's awesome! Congratulations!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Congrats

My grandfather has mouth cancer and had to get surgery again and they said it was lucky they caught it before it spread to anyway and he is going to make a full recovery. He is going to be 88 years old.

On the other hand got class work to do and sleep/play guitar. We are planning on going to Italy in the summer to visit family
    my sister is not joining because she is in LA right now

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

So sorry about your grandfather, t2. Must have been hard at such an advanced age. I hope he makes a complete recovery.

Italy sounds awesome! I would love to visit there!

We are having a birthday party for our daughter's 40th Saturday evening. Just family. 2 weeks late as it snowed the past two weekends and she has to travel about 100 miles to get here! And yes, they had been calling for a chance of snow again this Sunday, but have now changed it to rain, thank goodness! Can't believe I have a 40 year old daughter either!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Originally Posted by sodascouts
    I just got some good news today - I'm being promoted to Associate Professor!

Soda - Congratulations !

TM - Glad to hear your Grandfather is on the road to recovery.

Brooke - Hope you have good weather for your daughter's birthday party.

Austin, I hope things go well for you and you are on your way to feeling better!!

Take Care, - Dawn

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Congratulations Soda! That is quite an achievement! Dawn

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    So sorry about your grandfather, t2. Must have been hard at such an advanced age. I hope he makes a complete recovery.

Italy sounds awesome! I would love to visit there!

We are having a birthday party for our daughter's 40th Saturday evening. Just family. 2 weeks late as it snowed the past two weekends and she has to travel about 100 miles to get here! And yes, they had been calling for a chance of snow again this Sunday, but have now changed it to rain, thank goodness! Can't believe I have a 40 year old daughter either!

From what I hear yes.

You don’t kill Italian’s that easy without a fight. My Grandmother had Alzhimers for 20 years before she passed away in 2014 I never knew her that well but when I was younger it was a little bit better. But she defied the odds the normal Life Expectency is 5 years.

My Grandfathers Dad(The one with cancer) lived to be 100 years old.

My Maternal Grandmother had diffeent sets of issuses mainly heart related. She actually passed in 2016 and what the scary part is that she went one day before the 2 year aniversary of my Paternal Grandmother.

November 10th 2014 was my Paternal Grandmother and November 9th 2016 was my Maternal.

Long story short My family are tough breed. Death doesn’t have the patience for us and he just gives up

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Things are going ok. I have an appointment to see my ENT about getting permanent T-Tube ear tubes put in. I've had the temporary grommets before but they fell out and now I'm getting sinus infections and fluid in them again. Looking at possible sinus surgery too, if it doesn't clear up soon. Just finishing antibiotics.
    Austin - I hope the tubes work for you. I had sinus surgery four years ago and it has made a world of difference. I have only had one sinus infection since the surgery. Good Luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Alright I just need to vent. I haven't posted here in a while.

Graduated last summer from college (27, decided to go back at 23 after taking some time off), either haven't heard back from jobs or have been rejected. Still at my serving job at a brunch place that I started around the same time I went back to college. I'm afraid of amounting to nothing and being stuck not only in the food industry but also the state I currently live in. I have nothing tying me to this place; my gf broke up with me a month before I graduated, my family is ok with me moving out of state, and my friends are all beginning their journeys into adulthood. I just feel as if I haven't been able to catch a break since last summer.

Phew